New iPod Nano

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was an article in the paper about this, I can't remember the exact quote, but Steve Jobs had mentioned that in recent years, camera technology had "exploded"...maybe not the best choice of words if you're familiar with iPod history...
smileipb2.png

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CloudSE said:
apple overprices their stuff and they update their little ipods way to much inbetween each other and the zune hd looks okay but its all bs money wise
How is the iPod overpriced? The Touch certainly is and it's completely overrated as well and the Nano but the Classic is great value, the 120GB is 260 CAD, I paid 250 for my 80GB just last year, huge ass storage though. I wish they would bring out smaller iPod's with the storage that I have now, hell even 60GB's is plenty. I have 59GB of space available on my Classic so I have not even filled half of it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
CloudSE said:
apple overprices their stuff and they update their little ipods way to much inbetween each other and the zune hd looks okay but its all bs money wise
How is the iPod overpriced? The Touch certainly is and it's completely overrated as well and the Nano but the Classic is great value, the 120GB is 260 CAD, I paid 250 for my 80GB just last year, huge ass storage though. I wish they would bring out smaller iPod's with the storage that I have now, hell even 60GB's is plenty. I have 59GB of space available on my Classic so I have not even filled half of it.

So, because 1 out of 4 ipod in the lineup is not overpriced, the entire lineup isn't overpriced?

Eymas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First time i saw that in the apple iCentre i thought: What the hell?
I don't like the ipod Nano and touch and iPhone. Now the nano even more. Give me the ipod classic when my Nice ZEN Mosaic dies.
Why i don't like ipod Nano, touch and iphone:
If you want to buy it. you already have a damn nice phone (My phone is a Samsung C3050, Damn nice eh?)
A camera,
A mp3 player.
A DS with wifi.

Why cram everything in a 0.8 cm high bar if you already have everything that's ON it?
I think that the Ipod classic is the only good one.

Or just use your DSi with an Acekard or M3i, or DSTTi, or R4i, or SCDSOi, Or iPlayer, or EZ-Flash i.

To keep short. iPod is a waste of money. Only the classic is worth the money. Why? Because that's the only normal mp4 player.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol i wasn't trying to brag about having a nice phone i was just trying to state that my phone is better then apple's products.
iphone has a touch screen? so what my phone does too plus it has a full qwerty keyboard. ipod has crappy headphones while my phone has bluetooth headphones.i have 10 full length movies,100 music videos 2000 songs and still plenty of space left.so anyway get a good phone rather then crappy apple products. lol

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, three add-ons I would never use, thanks Apple.

Also, iTunes is terrible almost to the point of tears- I think it's designed just to piss me off.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All bashing aside, fanboys, I personally think Apple's iPod Touch is pretty good. Like, sure I spent a LOT on it ($210), but I like the features. Aside from having all the music and movies on my laptop (I don't listen to more than 4 gigs of music, thanks) and pictures AND having plenty of room left for apps, I'd say it's a good investment. You can bash it all you want, but in my opinion it's a rather nice MP3 player and then some. No, I'm not an Apple fanboy, I personally don't like anything from Apple aside from the iPod, but I'm just trying to tell you that it's not all bad. You all bash the iPod, but I'm sure you all can think of at least 5 things you like about the iPod as well.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
All bashing aside, fanboys, I personally think Apple's iPod Touch is pretty good. Like, sure I spent a LOT on it ($210), but I like the features. Aside from having all the music and movies on my laptop (I don't listen to more than 4 gigs of music, thanks) and pictures AND having plenty of room left for apps, I'd say it's a good investment. You can bash it all you want, but in my opinion it's a rather nice MP3 player and then some. No, I'm not an Apple fanboy, I personally don't like anything from Apple aside from the iPod, but I'm just trying to tell you that it's not all bad. You all bash the iPod, but I'm sure you all can think of at least 5 things you like about the iPod as well.
I actually can't find anything i like about the iPod.I'm not a fanboy of anything i just hate everything apple their products are a rip off for the prices they charge every product they make i can find something better for cheaper...like you said u spent 210 on an ipod touch yet i spent less then that on my phone and it has a lot more features then it.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
syko5150 said:
Skyline969 said:
I actually can't find anything i like about the iPod.I'm not a fanboy of anything i just hate everything apple their products are a rip off for the prices they charge every product they make i can find something better for cheaper...like you said u spent 210 on an ipod touch yet i spent less then that on my phone and it has a lot more features then it.
Not necessarily. Your monthly fees quickly add up, making your phone cost more than the iPod. And you can't say there's not a single thing you don't like. Do you like internet browsing? How about music? Videos? Free apps that you can quickly get? Pictures? YouTube? I can go on, but I think you kind of get it by now.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
syko5150 said:
Skyline969 said:
Not necessarily. Your monthly fees quickly add up, making your phone cost more than the iPod. And you can't say there's not a single thing you don't like. Do you like internet browsing? How about music? Videos? Free apps that you can quickly get? Pictures? YouTube? I can go on, but I think you kind of get it by now.
Monthly Costs aren't that expensive and plus i get phone service on top of music,videos(including full length movies),internet(yes i get youtube,myspace,facebook,Twitter)Instant Messengers(MSN,Aim,Yahoo),camera(including 30 second videos),TV,GPS,Touch Screen,QWERTY keyboard...plus i can play street fighter 2 on my phone =P & my head phones are bluetooth and have really good sound quality.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
syko5150 said:
Monthly Costs aren't that expensive and plus i get phone service on top of music,videos(including full length movies),internet(yes i get youtube,myspace,facebook,Twitter)Instant Messengers(MSN,Aim,Yahoo),camera(including 30 second videos),TV,GPS,Touch Screen,QWERTY keyboard...plus i can play street fighter 2 on my phone =P & my head phones are bluetooth and have really good sound quality.
Still, monthly costs add up quickly. I spent $20 extra and I have a VoIP via my iTouch. I can do music and videos on my iTouch, internet (obviously), instant messengers, TV shows (iTunes Store), Google Maps (more or less GPS but only in Wifi), touch screen, and QWERTY keyboard as well. You win on the camera, but I have bluetooth on my iTouch. Most BT headphones are good quality too. I don't know what is available on a jailbroken iTouch, but I know that it has emulators and other stuff like that. You may win on the camera part, but I can get as many apps as I want, a lot of which are free and simple to use. I'm not saying the iTouch is better, but I am saying that the iTouch definitely has its perks, and it's definitely not the worst thing out there.

Eymas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't like iTunes either. why download a program just to put everything on your ipod. Just add drag&drop. (i know it's already on the ipod but then as removable disk, not on the ipod itself)
Creative centrale is the same but that one doesn't give Safari + quicktime with a update.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I don't like iTunes, but then again who does like their media device's tools? Zune software sucks, Sansa software sucks, PSP software sucks, Motorola software sucks. I think it's the industry standard to include shitty tool software with your device.
tongue.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
syko5150 said:
Still, monthly costs add up quickly. I spent $20 extra and I have a VoIP via my iTouch. I can do music and videos on my iTouch, internet (obviously), instant messengers, TV shows (iTunes Store), Google Maps (more or less GPS but only in Wifi), touch screen, and QWERTY keyboard as well. You win on the camera, but I have bluetooth on my iTouch. Most BT headphones are good quality too. I don't know what is available on a jailbroken iTouch, but I know that it has emulators and other stuff like that. You may win on the camera part, but I can get as many apps as I want, a lot of which are free and simple to use. I'm not saying the iTouch is better, but I am saying that the iTouch definitely has its perks, and it's definitely not the worst thing out there.
but id rather have a pager then anything apple i have never and will never support anything created by apple.Apple is like novelty items they look nice on display but that's about it lol more or less gps? a map isnt turn by turn directions,weather updates,traffic reports lol its just a map.TV shows on itunes store? u have to pay for each show...i can get actual streams of TV...but as for the worst thing out there no the itouch is definitely not the worst but its not one of the best things either its just average at best.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose since I haven't seen a lot of the newer PMPs out there I can't say much. However, I can safely say the iTouch is the best one I've seen so far. I'm sure my mind could be changed in the future, however right now I'm gonna say that the iTouch definitely doesn't suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1