Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
WOOT! i just bought my new 3G iPhone :yayiphone:
What do I do now?
My friends that have iPod touches have them "unlocked" and I was reading about "Jail breaking" an iPhone.
What does all that do? how do i do it? is it hacking it? will that result with Rodgers cutting me off?

any help or suggestions are much appreciated
happy.gif

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I wouldn't advise you use it. It's a power-users tool that allows you do things that you can only imagine. Full access to the filesystem, execution of your own code.....install software that apple wouldn'ta llow on the appstore, and other fun stuff. check the hackint0sh boards, they may have a guide.

ubersk8kid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
well I couldn't find a guide at hackint0sh

What I should've done in the first place is said just what I wanted to do
I want to use the emulators (gpsphone, genesis4iphone) but I don't know how to put them on, and I thought that unlocking or jail breaking would do that.
does it do that? am I heading in the right direction?

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ubersk8kid said:

I want to use the emulators (gpsphone, genesis4iphone) but I don't know how to put them on, and I thought that unlocking or jail breaking would do that.

Jailbreaking allows you to use the emulators. However, they are all still being ported to the 2.0 software, which the 3g iphone, along with the older one, once upgraded, runs. Wait a little bit. Again, jailbreaking is a task to be done by power users. Mess it up and only a power user can really fix it.

ubersk8kid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
DrKupo said:
ubersk8kid said:

Jailbreaking allows you to use the emulators. However, they are all still being ported to the 2.0 software, which the 3g iphone, along with the older one, once upgraded, runs. Wait a little bit. Again, jailbreaking is a task to be done by power users. Mess it up and only a power user can really fix it.

ok thx for your help DrKupo
wink.gif

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I woudn't bother jailbreaking at this point in time - it's still too early IMHO to do it on firmware 2.0. I used to have a jailbroken iPod Touch but upgraded to firmware 2.0 so I could use the appstore. Honestly, the apps in the apps store cover my needs - lots of free apps and I've spent only $10 on a couple of games.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
epicelite said:
Enjoy your expensive data-plan!
$30 a month for 6GB (which is practically unlimited) is a lot? Its basically the same you guys get in the states and with the exchange rate, its actually cheaper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-