Chaos Punk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And I mean one that can like move, copy, rename, make directory, that kind of thing. Pretty much like Windows file browser. I can't tell you how many times I named something wrong or put a file in the wrong directory and had to take my sd card all the way back upstairs to my pc just to rename a file and had to go all the way back just to find out that I misplaced the file anyway. There is an SD browser, but it sux ass, it doesn't even read my directories anymore, and is hard to operate and hard to see. With the new libwii, it should be alot easier at least to have a better GUI, can someone please make this happen? I'm sure it would save alot of people the annoyance of having to constantly put their SDs back into their pcs just to do a small task. It would be great if it could manage usb drives too.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
SD explorer always fullfilled my needs

also, I'm not sure telling a free program "sux ass" will encourage anyone to "make you" an application because you are too lazy using your computer

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well I just connect with FTPii for all of my file exploring needs. Also, no complaining for free stuff. Better than nothing.

Chaos Punk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
SD explorer always fullfilled my needs

also, I'm not sure telling a free program "sux ass" will encourage anyone to "make you" an application because you are too lazy using your computer

I'm only telling the truth, the thing really does suck ass. And I'm not asking someone to make it "for me" as I know lots of others want it too, just bringing it to the attention of those who can make it happen. And SD Explorer no longer displays any files on the card, it's blank, yet somehow clickable, and I only have a 2gb card. And I'm not too lazy, it's just the Wii could really use this kind of app and my PC is upstairs and Wii is downstairs, I was just providing a reason of why it would be good.
Smartpal said:
Agree with the above poster. Don't just sit on your ass and complain.
I'm not sitting on my ass complaining, like I said, I'm bringing it to the attention of those who can make it happen, it's a mere suggestion. And I'm actually learning to code and develop for Wii right now, and once I do, this would be my first project.

QUOTE(roku93 @ Apr 20 2009, 07:34 PM)
Well I just connect with FTPii for all of my file exploring needs. Also, no complaining for free stuff. Better than nothing.
Once again, not complaining, but I never knew FTPii could file browse, never needed to use it as I never needed a server on the Wii. I'll try that.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
'm only telling the truth, the thing really does suck ass. And I'm not asking someone to make it "for me" as I know lots of others want it too, just bringing it to the attention of those who can make it happen

sorry, but the title and the content of your thread explicitely asked for something to be done... homebrew is not a free self-service where you tell people what they should do, people "eventually" code stuff and eventually release them,, if they want

now you are saying you want to learn and make one yourself, good, I wish you luck and hope you'll get some fun at programming, but please do not be angry if someone later come to you telling your program "sucks" badly.

SD explorer doesn't "sucks ass", it's good for what it's supposed to do, as long as you know how to use it. Fancy interface would be nice, sure, but wouldn't make the program any better

QUOTE said:
. And SD Explorer no longer displays any files on the card, it's blank, yet somehow clickable, and I only have a 2gb card.

so this is not a problem with SD explorer, it's a problem with your SDCARD that probably got corrupted
backup the files then format it using FAT16

And I'm not too lazy, it's just the Wii could really use this kind of app and my PC is upstairs and Wii is downstairs,
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.