Homebrew New here but old dog

Batoesie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been doing homebrew since the gc, not a pirate just beenn living that nintendo life since 5. So i got all original hardware from the begining. I signed up here bc after homebrewing my 3dsxl with superskaterhaks, and both my kids with seedminer it was time to move on to my wifes. Only prob is no L or R button. I took it apart thinking its dirty, a little alcohol and all will be well. Nope, Zl and Zr are still on the board but L and R are not present on the board at all. So for now thats the only one in the house w/o cfw. If i knew how to post pics i would. I dont even think i can bc imma a noob here. It let me post pics so now is there any way to install cfw with these buttons missing like not on the board at all. I pulled apart an old broke dsi bc the L&R are independent from the board, the prob is theres no jack on the n2dsxl for those ribons to plug into.

Attachments

• C6973A23-2999-420C-94F4-CED2A740603A.jpeg
    C6973A23-2999-420C-94F4-CED2A740603A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • D28EFF30-A1AF-465D-8594-8B4217F192EF.jpeg
    D28EFF30-A1AF-465D-8594-8B4217F192EF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Batoesie and welcome to GBATemp! :toot: :grog:
As for your problem, if it's missing the L/R buttons (or if they're not working?) order a replacement online and replace them.

Batoesie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @Batoesie and welcome to GBATemp! :toot: :grog:
As for your problem, if it's missing the L/R buttons (or if they're not working?) order a replacement online and replace them.

Dont know how to, nor do i have the gear to micro solder. There isnt a homebrew techniq that dosnt involve L&R? Once i homebrew and get cfw i can remap the ZL&ZR to L&R. Its a real catch 22. Its like this unit shipped without those 2 buttons soldered onto the motherboard.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It looks like a 2ds xl?
Are the pads still there? You could temporarily solder some tiny wires to the pads and connect the wires when needed.

Kittfox63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been doing homebrew since the gc, not a pirate just beenn living that nintendo life since 5. So i got all original hardware from the begining. I signed up here bc after homebrewing my 3dsxl with superskaterhaks, and both my kids with seedminer it was time to move on to my wifes. Only prob is no L or R button. I took it apart thinking its dirty, a little alcohol and all will be well. Nope, Zl and Zr are still on the board but L and R are not present on the board at all. So for now thats the only one in the house w/o cfw. If i knew how to post pics i would. I dont even think i can bc imma a noob here. It let me post pics so now is there any way to install cfw with these buttons missing like not on the board at all. I pulled apart an old broke dsi bc the L&R are independent from the board, the prob is theres no jack on the n2dsxl for those ribons to plug into.
Good luck finding out how to fix this, and welcome to GBAtemp!

Batoesie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like a 2ds xl?
Are the pads still there? You could temporarily solder some tiny wires to the pads and connect the wires when needed.

Dont have the skills to micro solder nor the equipment. THx for the reply. I believe it shipped like this. Bc the buttons didnt fall out when i cracked it open and theres no tin where the buttons are supposed to be. It never got brought to my attention bc the lz,lr buttons worked.
Post automatically merged:

Welcome new dog, I am The Catboy, local mess and arsonist

NIcely met, nintendo life since 7 now almost 45

miyamorfus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that you will be able to install custom firmware on your wife's Nintendo 2DS XL if the L and R buttons are not present on the board and there is no jack for the ribbons to plug into.
Custom firmware installation typically involves using the L and R buttons to enter a recovery mode, which is necessary to perform the installation. Without these buttons, it may not be possible to enter the recovery mode and complete the installation process.

Batoesie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that you will be able to install custom firmware on your wife's Nintendo 2DS XL if the L and R buttons are not present on the board and there is no jack for the ribbons to plug into.
Custom firmware installation typically involves using the L and R buttons to enter a recovery mode, which is necessary to perform the installation. Without these buttons, it may not be possible to enter the recovery mode and complete the installation process.

So no way start with one technique and finish with another.

TheR1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your using 3ds.guide, you can download something to use x&y.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.