Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guitarheroknight, it looks pretty awesome! Now i just need microSD cards!

mech recommended http://www.mymemory.co.uk/ to me and they have 32gb microSD cards as the best value on that site, I'll probably get them from there as they ship to Uk

just wish 64gb and 128gb ones were cheaper :P

Interesting you say that about the 64gb mSD's, they are dropping in price stateside. Even 500gb ssd's are dropping. So tempting to pick up a 500gb samsung ssd for my dell 2 in 1 laptop.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but why? O3DS are exploitable without the need of any game, anyway.
This is just stopping the GW team from doing things that are actually useful.

Actually...If GW wants to keep those freeloaders from using there gw loader than its a wise decision to take the exploit offline and use a card to get it to load. That'll teach em for not supporting a team that has been developing for the 3ds scene

Reactions: 2Hack and thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guitarheroknight, it looks pretty awesome! Now i just need microSD cards!

mech recommended http://www.mymemory.co.uk/ to me and they have 32gb microSD cards as the best value on that site, I'll probably get them from there as they ship to Uk

just wish 64gb and 128gb ones were cheaper :P
How are Amazon prices in uk? They are generally really good here and a 64 is exactly twice as much as a 32. I ordered a few san disks last Friday and they actually had usps deliver them on Sunday. I didn't even know usps delivered anything on Sunday.

Example a Sandisk ultra 32 is about $16 and $33 for a 64. A 32/64 combo should give you a really decent catalog.
Interesting you say that about the 64gb mSD's, they are dropping in price stateside. Even 500gb ssd's are dropping. So tempting to pick up a 500gb samsung ssd for my dell 2 in 1 laptop.
SSDs are the bomb. I put a 256 in my very aging Q6600 desktop build and it made feel like a brand new puppy.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still working on it. Don't wanna sleep til it's done >.> really weird. I did convert to .3ds save, but I can't seem to move it to from .3ds to CIA save :/

Trying on my O3ds now.
If you can actually get your save file to be loaded by the rom on the gateway cart without it saying "save corrupted", use the Save Data Transfer Tool from the eshop. I couldn't get that far, unfortunately.

My process was
  1. Use gateway launcher to get save file from retail cartridge
  2. rename ABCD.sav to 000xx000xx000.sav (depends on title id)
  3. verify that the save file works with cartridge ripped rom
  4. use save data transfer tool from gateway mode, with gateway rom loaded
The save data transfer tool found the gateway rom, and the cia I installed, but said my data was corrupted. The game didn't recognize it. So, it would have worked, if I could get the save file to be accepted by the game. People say it's a problem with cartridges which have been played in systems with greater than 6.x firmware, otherwise it works. The recommendation is to "buy MT-card, that's the only way".

If your save was initially from a gateway rom, then it's just a matter of using the save data transfer tool. Back up your save from the rom, if you think you want it again, because Nintendo's save data transfer tool deletes the original data.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's your guys cia installation speeds? I use a class 10 legit microsd and for cias around 2gb it takes about 15-20 minutes to install <.<.

That sounds about right. Installing cias is a slow proccess and thats why i perfer 3ds format. I only have NSMB 2 gold edition usa cias 340meg installed cuz thats a rare release and took about 3-4 mins to install.

Reactions: kheldar

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, but why? O3DS are exploitable without the need of any game, anyway.
This is just stopping the GW team from doing things that are actually useful.

Because I have an O3DS without internet browser :)
(This, my friends, is what happens when a launch console is NEVER updated through the internet, it's on 7.x through Majora's Mask 3D xD)

Reactions: MrJason005

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your guys cia installation speeds? I use a class 10 legit microsd and for cias around 2gb it takes about 15-20 minutes to install <.<.
My CIA Install speeds are actually slightly slower on the N3DS Compared to my O3DS, I'd say it takes possibly 10 to 15 % longer to install with the same memory card on the N3DS than the O3DS. Don't know if others will have better luck but for me not so much. Still once they are installed, I can just back up the emuNAND and micro sd card and don't have to worry about the hassle except much.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Load up a bunch, select install all, go to bed. Another advantage a large card.
I have a 32 gb card, pretty large,but the problem with cia installs is, that by the end of the install double the space is taken, so it has to be less the say 13 gb to perform an untended install, otherwise you have to delete the cias one by one.

Reactions: MrJason005

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you can actually get your save file to be loaded by the rom on the gateway cart without it saying "save corrupted", use the Save Data Transfer Tool from the eshop. I couldn't get that far, unfortunately.

My process was
  1. Use gateway launcher to get save file from retail cartridge
  2. rename ABCD.sav to 000xx000xx000.sav (depends on title id)
  3. verify that the save file works with cartridge ripped rom
  4. use save data transfer tool from gateway mode, with gateway rom loaded
The save data transfer tool found the gateway rom, and the cia I installed, but said my data was corrupted. The game didn't recognize it. So, it would have worked, if I could get the save file to be accepted by the game. People say it's a problem with cartridges which have been played in systems with greater than 6.x firmware, otherwise it works. The recommendation is to "buy MT-card, that's the only way".

If your save was initially from a gateway rom, then it's just a matter of using the save data transfer tool. Back up your save from the rom, if you think you want it again, because Nintendo's save data transfer tool deletes the original data.
I don't have issues with save being corrupted. I know why that happens actually. It's a difference between the version of the game. If I transfer my MM3D cart save to a .3ds game on 1.1, it will show as corrupted. If I transfer my FE Awakening sav to GW with DLC, it will show as corrupted.

So what you need is to make sure it is on the exact same version at the time of transfer. Then move it over, then you can apply updates. I can't seem to track down a copy of Pokemon X v1.2 update file, so I think that one is a lost cause :(

I did manage to transfer my FE Awakening save though. I played the cart on my O3DS sysnand just in case and saved. Since it is a 4.4 cart, it was fine. Then i dumped the save.
Then I changed the .sav to the title id of SDF (I don't have it on my atm sorry) and then pressed select, to choose it in the multirom menu

And didn't launch it. I went straight to sdf, and CTR card wasn't broken :D

Haven't figured out MM3D yet though. It is a 7.1x game, so IDk if it will work.

modsbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if it's been answered on this thread already (trying to read through the 30 pages...), but is it possible to install Cubic Ninja .CIA to then be able to get into Gateway mode on N3DS without having to swap the carts every time? As a longtime Gateway owner I've never bothered with .CIA before, but if I could install Cubic Ninja onto the sysnand and be able to 'selfboot' into Gateway mode thus keeping the Gateway card inserted permanently that would be fantastic.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if it's been answered on this thread already (trying to read through the 30 pages...), but is it possible to install Cubic Ninja .CIA to then be able to get into Gateway mode on N3DS without having to swap the carts every time? As a longtime Gateway owner I've never bothered with .CIA before, but if I could install Cubic Ninja onto the sysnand and be able to 'selfboot' into Gateway mode thus keeping the Gateway card inserted permanently that would be fantastic.

no

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno if this has come up yet, and if so, then I lend my vote to it regardless, but I hope that Gateway doesn't fix the bug with the 3D function. It's a great way of easily knowing whether you're in emunand or not, cuz I'm lazy and making folders takes effort :D

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My CIA Install speeds are actually slightly slower on the N3DS Compared to my O3DS, I'd say it takes possibly 10 to 15 % longer to install with the same memory card on the N3DS than the O3DS. Don't know if others will have better luck but for me not so much. Still once they are installed, I can just back up the emuNAND and micro sd card and don't have to worry about the hassle except much.

Mine have been exponentially faster with a larger card to boot. Installing about 25% faster on my end.

That sounds about right. Installing cias is a slow proccess and thats why i perfer 3ds format. I only have NSMB 2 gold edition usa cias 340meg installed cuz thats a rare release and took about 3-4 mins to install.

You could just download the DLC CIA and run NSMB2 ROM if you wanted. There's no advantage over the gold edition other than DLC being included with the game.

I dunno if this has come up yet, and if so, then I lend my vote to it regardless, but I hope that Gateway doesn't fix the bug with the 3D function. It's a great way of easily knowing whether you're in emunand or not, cuz I'm lazy and making folders takes effort :D

Apply a theme?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1