Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woo. got my JPN copy of CN today.
a61960623ad41597d2d1b34e8cd03c37.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would using BigRedMenu make any difference?
i think big red menu just copied how devmenu functions, i would imagine eshop has a more complicated but speedier way of doing things, devmenu will likely just be doing it the simple and reliable route

although eshop on the old3ds was also pretty slow installing stuff......infact i would guess that the new3ds has a better unique install method, but devmenu doesn't use it

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
does N3DS install the CIA files slower than the O3DS does or is it just my console ? also it likes to fail while installing some CIA files while the O3DS never ever failed once. for example metal gear solid one of the biggest cia files i have 3.3GB failed at 88% that's what 2 hours of wasted install :wtf: !!??? while this exact same cia file installs fine on O3DS using the same 64gb sandisk ultra card.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
does N3DS install the CIA files slower than the O3DS does or is it just my console ? also it likes to fail while installing some CIA files while the O3DS never ever failed once. for example metal gear solid one of the biggest cia files i have 3.3GB failed at 88% that's what 2 hours of wasted install :wtf: !!??? while this exact same cia file installs fine on O3DS using the same 64gb sandisk ultra card.
have you tried a smaller sd card?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think the differences are minimal, pretty sure the slowness is just inherent by the method used to install, mSD speed/class can improve it to a degree, but its only improving the time spent copying the file to and from the SD which is probably about a max of 25% of the total time it takes, all the rest i assume is the time the 3DS takes to encrypt the content ready to be transferred to the SD

Reactions: MrJason005

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...
I have a PAL (Scandinavian) N3DS, running EmuNAND with the latest ofw.
Why does my installed .cia-files keep showing up as NEW and needs to be "opended" everytime I boot into EmuNAND?
They have the right region (PAL), which I know was the problem when the same thing happend on old 3DS.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm...
I have a PAL (Scandinavian) N3DS, running EmuNAND with the latest ofw.
Why does my installed .cia-files keep showing up as NEW and needs to be "opended" everytime I boot into EmuNAND?
They have the right region (PAL), which I know was the problem when the same thing happend on old 3DS.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?
Unlink sysNAND from emuNAND

Reactions: vonfnas

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since I have a cubic ninja already, I am finally ready to buy gateway :D What SD cards do you recommend getting? I currently only have the standard SD card that came with the N3DS standard edition. How big is it, and should I upgrade to something bigger? AFAIK there is only one size for every N3DS? I want emunand and every option available just in case so what size should I be aiming for? Also, I think I heard the gateway SD card has problems with very big sizes, or is this incorrect? Thanks for any answers, just want to make sure I get everything I need the first time, I am not patient enough for more waiting if I mess up :lol:

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i doubt i will if i can't install mgs then i will just play the retail copy i have (installation is now at 85% hopefully it wont fail again) .

by the way what happened to your cool professor layton avatar ? :P
Hah, well, I found this in my Japanese textbook (Genki 1, old revision to be excact), and the chance was too good to pass up, Mearii-san likes cigarettes haha

Reactions: 2Hack and satel

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I unlinked sysNAND from Emunand , every time I turn on WiFi on Emunand I see that sysNAND's wifi is turned on too. I don't have wifi settings set up in sysNAND but is this behaviour normal?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Since I have a cubic ninja already, I am finally ready to buy gateway :D What SD cards do you recommend getting? I currently only have the standard SD card that came with the N3DS standard edition. How big is it, and should I upgrade to something bigger? AFAIK there is only one size for every N3DS? I want emunand and every option available just in case so what size should I be aiming for? Also, I think I heard the gateway SD card has problems with very big sizes, or is this incorrect? Thanks for any answers, just want to make sure I get everything I need the first time, I am not patient enough for more waiting if I mess up :lol:
well i would say a 16GB for the n3DS, and say about 16gb for the gateway card would be ok, you can get more if you want to store more games, but that should be enough for a fair amount of cia installs and a bunch of .3DS games

just find out the sizes of all the games you want add them up and see what size you will need, and emunand on the n3DS uses up 2GB of the built in msd, so more that 4gb would be suggested

Reactions: Killaclown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls