Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
guys if you have 2 identical .3ds files & in order to copy both files to one memory card you put number 1 at the end of one of the files name then Which one should appear 1st on the multirom menu ?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys if you have 2 identical .3ds files & in order to copy both files to one memory card you put number 1 at the end of one of the files name then Which one should appear 1st on the multirom menu ?

With my multi-rom menu, it goes based on the time files were copied over. At first I copied them over with title ID, but renamed them once they xfer'd to my SD card. They still show up in the same order as with title ID.

Normally though if talking alphabetically, the file with "1" appended at the end would show up AFTER the file with nothing at the end like so:

satel
satel1

Reactions: satel

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else experience, that the CN exploit is far less reliable than OOT? With CN I get into the GW menu nearly everytime, but entering GW mode from there crashes the N3DS most of the time.

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read the whole thread, but did anyone else experience, that the CN exploit is far less reliable than OOT? With CN I get into the GW menu nearly everytime, but entering GW mode from there crashes the N3DS most of the time.

just the opposite way

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Maximilious thanks very much,i'm trying to find out which bigbluemenu.3ds worked for my pain in the backside n3ds console after so many cia install failures i went & downloaded every copy of bigbluemenu.3ds i could find on google & last one was from torrent site, all failed to work but one & i'm trying to find out which one it is as i currently have 2 of these files on my memory card. from memory i think the last one i placed on there was the torrent one but i think i will need to test both again once cia install is complete. :)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maximilious thanks very much,i'm trying to find out which bigbluemenu.3ds worked for my pain in the backside n3ds console after so many cia install failures i went & downloaded every copy of bigbluemenu.3ds i could find on google & last one was from torrent site, all failed to work but one & i'm trying to find out which one it is as i currently have 2 of these files on my memory card. from memory i think the last one i placed on there was the torrent one but i think i will need to test both again once cia install is complete. :)

I got mine bundled in a different tool, but I forget which. You can also get one from that CIA site everyone goes to.

Reactions: satel

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i find them both pretty much perfect, had a couple of crashes with both, but these are pretty new in terms of how long they have been released, the 4.x exploit used to be worse than these until they refine it, i think the biggest factor for the new exploits is the mSD card used, the default 4GB card works pretty much perfect, switching to my 32gb samsung one introduced the no GW3D bug and seems to crash a little more often, but its still pretty rare

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
should of nicely asked someone in the uk if you could post them your cart and have them install it for you :P

Nah im cool, I don't mind doing it myself, I just need to find out what the best guide for installing gateway is because there isn't a perfect in depth one on here like Wii section

A good idea would be Gateways guide on their website so that'll be my first stop now :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nah im cool, I don't mind doing it myself, I just need to find out what the best guide for installing gateway is because there isn't a perfect in depth one on here like Wii section

A good idea would be Gateways guide on their website so that'll be my first stop now :)
yeah i just meant the oot save, would of been cheaper than buying the save dongle.....but i suppose not by much they are only like £10 right, and i guess then you have it should you loose the save for whatever reason

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

The funny thing is my OOT copy is a launch one and the GW save still didnt work :huh: But I found a working save in that other thread so If you get a corrupted save error stay calm and find another one ;)

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
yeah i just meant the oot save, would of been cheaper than buying the save dongle.....but i suppose not by much they are only like £10 right, and i guess then you have it should you loose the save for whatever reason

Yeh good point

The funny thing is my OOT copy is a launch one and the GW save still didnt work :huh: But I found a working save in that other thread so If you get a corrupted save error stay calm and find another one ;)

Thanks for the tip :D

r00t09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i read to not go into data management in system settings or it deletes all cia's, is that only for sysnand? and can i use the wireless micro sd option for the pc?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tbh, I think it's backwards or sth. Mine had the manual and worked flawlessly. While so many complained their v1 cart didn't work. It also makes more sense since 1.1 cart is likely what they could have bought and formatted everything to work around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums