TheJuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Newer games won't work now with actual firmware. I know the Ds-X is dead when speaking about firmwares...
But maybe there is an update we can make to the roms, like the ARM7 one we used to have to manually patch ?

Any idea ? Non working games include Korg, Fifa 09, and I think the list will expand in the future :-(

==> Looking at the compatibility wiki, I saw there is a mention about a "new ARM7 fix" :-)
I'm going to try that I keep you update. But if anyone already knows if this works, please tell me...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm sorry I can't help you with this, because I don't own DS-X, but I'm just gonna pre-warn everybody who will post here..

NO FLAMING!! NO MOCKING!! NO TROLLING!! NO INSULTING!!

Whoever violates rules here, will get warn increase, because I know how this could turn out..
So please, either help if you can, or don't post at all!

Thank you!

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheJuice said:
Newer games won't work now with actual firmware. I know the Ds-X is dead when speaking about firmwares...
But maybe there is an update we can make to the roms, like the ARM7 one we used to have to manually patch ?

Any idea ? Non working games include Korg, Fifa 09, and I think the list will expand in the future :-(

==> Looking at the compatibility wiki, I saw there is a mention about a "new ARM7 fix" :-)
I'm going to try that I keep you update. But if anyone already knows if this works, please tell me...
Well, those you mentioned have probably already been tested with the new ARM7 fix (just click the links in the compatibility wiki to find out what it means); I know Korg has. But it's still a short list of non-working stuff so far. Don't forget to update the wiki after you test something!

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
You should just update to a new card. Its not really worth it, I had a DS-X for about 5 months and got sick of patching every single game. Also, buy something that has nothing to to with the R4 you don't want to go from a dead card to a dead card.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
TheJuice said:

Omg theres a new arm 7 fix!!!??? Seriously anyone got any info on that?

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The latest game I tried was EndWar but I didn't try the New Arm7 patch yet - right now there aren't many games released I think that are worth the hassle of patching the roms
rolleyes.gif

So did I get this right that you mean there are newer games that don't even work with the NewArm7 patch?

BTW: Buying a new flash card seems stupid to me cause I hardly play DS anymore, and for the one/two games I play in a month (mostly not even new ones) I don't buy another flash card ...

TheJuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I tried the new patching method...
It got Korg just a little further than before, but the game gets stuck at some point anyway.
So I guess the new method must work for some games... Not for Korg :-(
I'll try with Fifa 09 later on and update the wiki if necessary.

@Toni Plutonij : I'm past flaming... I know it will probably never get updated again, so what's the point on pointlessly insulting the team ?

@NeSchn : you say no R4.
I wanted to buy an M3 DS Real eventually. Do you think that's a good choice ?

@p1ngpong : yes, see this link : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90078

@ilovengage : I meant that I just discovered there was a new ARM7 method... I haven't tried it much yet (only with Korg) so I don't know if it's really useful or not.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheJuice said:
@ilovengage : I meant that I just discovered there was a new ARM7 method... I haven't tried it much yet (only with Korg) so I don't know if it's really useful or not.
It's mandatory for many games. The old ARM7.bin donor won't work with newer ones. See the wiki.

math87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,
I have a ds-x too, but I don't want to buy a new flashcart since I manage to make my games working.
But I have a problem too with guitar hero on tour decades!
The game is loading, I can play without any issues, but if I restart my DS there is no savegame!
hate2.gif

I tried to replace arm7.bin but this is not working.
If someone has a solution I'm hearing for it^^

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheJuice said:
Hello,

I had been looking for different patchers for the DS-X Mine- a 512k but couldn't find anything new yet. Such a shame I really liked the card.
But I bought another (different) card last month and am very happy with it.

Another thing I would like to see on all cards. Don't know what the transfer rate would be but it would be nice to see a program written to
transfer wirelessly from the pc to the DS so that you wouldn't have to remove the SDcard all the time to put on and remove files.

Asaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
math87 said:
But I have a problem too with guitar hero on tour decades!
The game is loading, I can play without any issues, but if I restart my DS there is no savegame!
hate2.gif

Weird, I'm on DSX firmware 1.1.3 and can't get it to even load (tried all three language releases). Just get the old "reinsert card" message.

Wouldn't mind if it saved or not, as long as I could see if it's worth buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol