Hacking New Firmware update

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Does anyone have a YouTube video or something of a documentary that can explain how cracking Software, OS's and Hardware works?

yea because all of that is highly legal and doesn't break any laws at all

Lol at your sarcasm. Once in a newspaper they had poorly explained how software cracking worked until a hacker from THG (i think) explained how it all worked and later died. RIP! I just wanna know how the Supercard Team does their stuff. Aw well. All the stuff that the people at the Supercard Team do is probably better off done anonymously and in complete privacy.

well the basics of any flashcard update
is
1. find game thats not blocked (normally 3rd party so dont get in trouble with ninty)
2. take header from game
3. place data nintendo check requires in place and add hooks to send data after checks to load flashcard kernel
4. flash new header to flashcard header

supercard also has the option of an EOS update which is just the extra header space on the SD card
1. find new data checks by firmware
2. add extra data required by check to header data file on EOS

thats how basically you do it
any more goes into tooo much detail

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have a YouTube video or something of a documentary that can explain how cracking Software, OS's and Hardware works?

yea because all of that is highly legal and doesn't break any laws at all

Lol at your sarcasm. Once in a newspaper they had poorly explained how software cracking worked until a hacker from THG (i think) explained how it all worked and later died. RIP! I just wanna know how the Supercard Team does their stuff. Aw well. All the stuff that the people at the Supercard Team do is probably better off done anonymously and in complete privacy.

well the basics of any flashcard update
is
1. find game thats not blocked (normally 3rd party so dont get in trouble with ninty)
2. take header from game
3. place data nintendo check requires in place and add hooks to send data after checks to load flashcard kernel
4. flash new header to flashcard header

supercard also has the option of an EOS update which is just the extra header space on the SD card
1. find new data checks by firmware
2. add extra data required by check to header data file on EOS

thats how basically you do it
any more goes into tooo much detail

Guess the rest is overly technical. The code must be written in ARM7 and ARM9 Assembly.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
if we could get results of any of the following on 4.4.0-10 that would be great

(4.3.0-10) Amaze3ds (amaze3ds.com)
(4.3.0-10) r4igold wood (r4igold.cc)
(4.3.0-10) r4igold V (r4igold.cc)
(4.3.0-10) R4iGold 3DS (r4igold.cc)
(4.3.0-10) R4iDSN 3DS (r4idsn.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4isdhc Dual-Core (r4isdhc.com)
(4.3.0-10) 2012 New R4isdhc-silver (r4isdhc.com)
(4.3.0-10) r4i3d (r4i3d.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4i-Gold Pro (r4i-gold.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4iTT Purple - New Sticker (r4itt.net)
(4.3.0-10) R4i Gold Plus (r4ids.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4infinity Dual Core (r4infinity.com)
(4.3.0-10) EX4i Movie&GBA card (ex4ds.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4i-SDHC 3DS (r4i-sdhc.com)
(4.3.0-10) Supercard DSOnei (supercard.sc)
(4.3.0-10) Supercard DSOnei Mini (supercard.sc)
(4.3.0-10) ace3ds - non-plus (ace3ds.com)

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
if we could get results of any of the following on 4.4.0-10 that would be great

(4.3.0-10) Amaze3ds (amaze3ds.com)
(4.3.0-10) r4igold wood (r4igold.cc)
(4.3.0-10) r4igold V (r4igold.cc)
(4.3.0-10) R4iGold 3DS (r4igold.cc)
(4.3.0-10) R4iDSN 3DS (r4idsn.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4isdhc Dual-Core (r4isdhc.com)
(4.3.0-10) 2012 New R4isdhc-silver (r4isdhc.com)
(4.3.0-10) r4i3d (r4i3d.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4i-Gold Pro (r4i-gold.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4iTT Purple - New Sticker (r4itt.net)
(4.3.0-10) R4i Gold Plus (r4ids.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4infinity Dual Core (r4infinity.com)
(4.3.0-10) EX4i Movie&GBA card (ex4ds.com)
(4.3.0-10) R4i-SDHC 3DS (r4i-sdhc.com)
(4.3.0-10) Supercard DSOnei (supercard.sc)
(4.3.0-10) Supercard DSOnei Mini (supercard.sc)
(4.3.0-10) ace3ds - non-plus (ace3ds.com)

What about DSTWO

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know i'm sick of seeing you guys say that by blocking flash cards they are protecting "THEIR" product. It's strange, i thought i bought it from them, which it's my product. In the 1970's did Chevy come in and take away 305s and 350s that boys modded to out run cop cars? No they did not in fact they help promote it. Also if Piracy is such a large issues for game devs then why the hell is Pokemon black and white 2 being released in the "DS" format instead of the more "SECURE" 3ds format?
In the end it's nothing more then a large corporation overstepping their bounds. :angry:

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know i'm sick of seeing you guys say that by blocking flash cards they are protecting "THEIR" product.

Indeed, they are protecting THEIR games and the interest of the people who invest on THEIR company and own shares (developer company etc...)..

By blocking flashcart they give confidence to the developers to produce games for their systems, if they didn't block flashcarts developers will stop making new games (what's the point investing millions in making games/advertising them knowing you'll get nothing in return?).

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
You know i'm sick of seeing you guys say that by blocking flash cards they are protecting "THEIR" product. It's strange, i thought i bought it from them, which it's my product. In the 1970's did Chevy come in and take away 305s and 350s that boys modded to out run cop cars? No they did not in fact they help promote it. Also if Piracy is such a large issues for game devs then why the hell is Pokemon black and white 2 being released in the "DS" format instead of the more "SECURE" 3ds format?
In the end it's nothing more then a large corporation overstepping their bounds. :angry:

the flashcards arnt made by nintendo
yes you bought the console but the license everything you play on it
modding a console is fine, better sounds, better screen, cheats in games, there all fine
to use a flashcard you should own the games legally and then you backup yourself and can run them

so when nintendo block flashcards its fine as you still have a copy of the game you can play

and blocking the flashcards makes the system more secure
it steps over no boundaries

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Problem is that your analogy isn't exactly portraying the current situation. If you were to now mod your DS in such a way that your battery lasts longer/screen gets brighter/sound gets louder, then ol Ninty won't really have anything to say.

Using your analogy, it's more of making the cars run without using petrol FOREVER. Sure it will be good for us. But those whose lives depend on selling petroleum are pretty much screwed, considering the amount you invest etc.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem is that your analogy isn't exactly portraying the current situation. If you were to now mod your DS in such a way that your battery lasts longer/screen gets brighter/sound gets louder, then ol Ninty won't really have anything to say.

Using your analogy, it's more of making the cars run without using petrol FOREVER. Sure it will be good for us. But those whose lives depend on selling petroleum are pretty much screwed, considering the amount you invest etc.
But if you are able to modify your car to run forever without petrol then that wouldn't just be good for us but also the environment. Also those who depend on selling petrol can find another job somewhere else because of that situation the majority benefits more than the few.

Somehow nintendo doesn't really realize that the flashcards only play DS games not 3DS games so there is little to no point in blocking it cause honestly whats the worst that can happen hm? oh someone pirates a DS game and plays it on their 3DS ohhh..they need to be stopped at all costs.

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I well not update my system untile its over and we win and Nintendo fails to block ds games . Then gives up and makes better 3ds games for are system can't wait for the Dev. to creack the Wii U and we have to block there internet and play on are ip address insted . HA , that well be the day when pigs fly !

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Somehow nintendo doesn't really realize that the flashcards only play DS games not 3DS games so there is little to no point in blocking it cause honestly whats the worst that can happen hm? oh someone pirates a DS game and plays it on their 3DS ohhh..they need to be stopped at all costs.
Pretty sure they do (heck they're probably patting themselves on their backs for this achievement) For all we know they are probably doing it to reduce the number of working cards coughAcekardcough In any case, pirating is still pirating 3DS or otherwise especially since DS games are still being sold. Think of it as more of a stand. Not sure if they are going all out aggro though. I personally think they release these patches because they can. Those who don't pirate won't be affected anyway.

In regards to the analogy, I was just using the original one to demonstrate what I felt to be a flaw in logic. In in that respect, you have to remember that you just added another variable ie environmental impact. If using petroleum were to be ecofriendly and people have found ways to pirate it, would you have the said the same?

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh yeah... But what if the dstwo company doesn't come up with an update?
Then buy the real games. Just sayin' LOL As the top of the line atm imho, if this is perma blocked then all will suffer the same fate. And afaik, it'll be quite a while before that happens at the rate it is going.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1