New EZ-Vi customer

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by MarcusRaven, Aug 14, 2010.

Aug 14, 2010

New EZ-Vi customer by MarcusRaven at 4:37 PM (2,546 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Okay, I just purchased a new EZ-Vi from Price Angels, and I'm a little confused on preparing for it. I know I need a Micro SD (SDHC preferred, right?), and the one I'm looking at is a PNY 8Gb from Wal-mart. I also have read that before running the card I need to have the right firmware and kernal on it (right?) or it could brick. Here's where my main questions start. My wife has a DSi (1.4U) and I have a DSi XL (1.4U) and my mother has just a DSLite. For these three systems, will the latest firmware and kernal be sufficient? What should my EXACT file listing be when the card is first started? (Using a MicroSD just for this and nothing else, so it will be formatted before hand.) I do know that I need at least one game on it at startup.

Also, finding the files from the EZ-Flash Vi starter Wiki was a little confusing. Is there and easier source to navigate?

2. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Guess I'll start looking into the AceKard too. Is it easier? If its good, my wife can keep the EZ-Vi. [​IMG] Thanks for all the info. It made me feel less overwhelmed by all this.

3. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
  4. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    I don't think you should get it it has low rom compatibility

5. Mbmax

Antarctica
    Where did you get this false information ? i'm curious to know. [​IMG]

6. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
  7. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Every update has had game fixes. Your info is very false

8. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Well, there's three problems with this statement:

1) I already ordered it, as stated in my first post.

2) I read the review ON THIS VERY WEBSITE, and I trust GBATemp's reviews. They are detailed and very thorough. In that topic you posted in, you said you read something on Romu******. Firstly, mentioning a rom site is against the rules. LINKING to it is worse, and quoting one that, I've found anyway, is VERY unreliable with their information and downloads makes your statement as firm as a paper bridge in a rain storm.

3) If we want to be technical, your post is off topic because I was asking about setting one up, not whether or not I should get one.

Now, back to the big boy talk.

I do have a couple of new questions. Using this card, can the DS-to-DS Wireless linking be used? (As in multiplayer, like Pokemon battling or trading) And does it work with DS-to-Wii stuff? (Like unlocking the features in Castlevania Order of Eclesia/Judgement.)

9. DJ Hobo

Member DJ Hobo GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    DS multiplayer definitely works. I've yet to actually have any issue with it. Just for your information, Wi-fi multiplayer also works.

DS-to-Wii connectivity, on the other hand, doesn't work. Carts that do have this feature are a minority, I think.

10. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Well, no big loss then. Thought it would be nice to have Shanoa in Judgement, but oh well. At least the wife and I can play multiplayer stuff. (Thinking of getting a second one after playing around with this one a bit.)

11. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to let everybody know that I got mine (arrived at the door just shortly after the last post) and it is working perfectly. I updated to the 101 firmware, but I know the kernal updated. I couldn't find the latest download for it, so any help there?

12. DJ Hobo

Australia
    Supposedly, some people were having success using 1.9 OB. I never had any luck with it, unfortunately [​IMG] . No big deal, though. I only wanted it for Battle Revolution.

13. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Okay, now that I got mine up and running, I LOVE IT! The only issue I've found is that Wario Ware DIY takes forever to save, but after looking at the size of the save file, I see why.

But now I want into Homebrew too. How do I get SCUMMVM and SNEmulDS to work on here? (I'm using this on a DSi XL, if that's an issue.)

14. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    I really don't mean to be double posting all the time, but I just decided to test Castlevania: OoE to Judgement for my own "research." It worked perfectly. No issues whatsoever. I'm level one in OoE with the Queen of Hearts equipped. [​IMG] Just thought I'd let you guys know that it seems to work. Here's my setup:

Wii stats are in sig.
    EZ-Vi H[805] F[101] k3.0 OB2

So, is this feature fixed as a whole or am I just lucky? What other games connect DS to Wii?

15. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Just downloaded the game this morning, but I used to own it. (Before I hacked my Wii. Never owned Judgment.) I've had it perfected before (minus the Judgment content). I just can't get enough of the 2d Castlevanias. [​IMG]

16. DJ Hobo

Australia
    Interesting.. I may have to try it again sometime.

17. Mbmax

Antarctica
    Yep. But since kernel 3.0ob2 and firmware v101, the kernel use the new CRC calculation.
    The 32MB file is created quickly now. [​IMG]

18. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Okay, so I figured out how to get SNEmulDS to work. Little disappointed that Donkey Kong Country 3 isn't perfect, but oh well.

Is it possible to get SCUMMVM to work? How do I go about doing that?

19. Mbmax

Antarctica
    MarcusRaven, could you please report your problem on the USA ezflash forum ?
    I'm not often here on GBAtemp. [​IMG]

EZ5i homebrews report

Thanks.