OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good evening,

Ok the basic problem is that the Opera browser doesn't see the GBA & Explorer 2in1 card, the GBA2in1_v150.nds application goes into GBA mode Ok, though I don't have any GBA roms to see if it's working :-(

The DSTT plays other roms fine, moonshell plays MP3, shows pictures (though all of mine are WAY too big for the screen) Ok, everything else seems fine, it's just this,.

Well, I have tried searching the forums' FAQ and current topics and using various suggestions (cheers Kamui101), but so far with no joy.

I have tried adding the slot-2 adaptor after (and before) starting the DS. The DSTT_GBA2in1_v150.nds application didn't find the card, but allowed it to be retried, which then worked when I inserted it, so the card is at least recognised.

I have tried running opera directly from the TT menu, as well as via the DSTT_GBA2in1_v150 application (then the L+R buttons), with either white screens or a 'please insert ram pack after shutdown' message respectively.

I have tried various patched roms/patching programs but with no difference (aside from 'Please wait' appearing in english while the sdram updates, rather than japanese).

I have tried it in FAt and FAT32.

This is the first homebrew that I have played with (and only my third post here, so I apologise if this is in the wrong place) so if there is some particular patch, program or file that needs running first then I may need a walkthrough to ensure that I am doing it properly.

The shop I got it from will be sending a replacement when they get some more in, but I want to see if I can get this one working, if nothing else works I'll take it apart and see if I can fault-find the circuits.

Any (useful) advice would be gratefully received.

ttfn
Paul

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is the solution , but how i got mine to work.

1. install gba pack

2. run the loader from within ttds menue

3. press both R + L together this says patch OPERA (press a)

4. restart system

5. launch opera

Gamithh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. install gba pack
yes

2. run the loader from within ttds menue
yes

3. press both R + L together this says patch OPERAÂ (press a)
yes - blue bar advances from left to right, reaches the far right and then I get two white screens

4. restart system
yes, after waiting at the two white screens

5. launch opera
yes - it asks for the ram pack to be inserted
Cheers for that, I suspect that the cart must be faulty - does anyone know what the two white screens means?

ttfn

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok,

are you using the correct rom for Opera , i think i read that you need a clean rom , not a modified one,, or the other way round!!

O and i get th etwo white screens and have to turn off/ on again

Gamithh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are you using the correct rom for Opera , i think i read that you need a clean rom , not a modified one,, or the other way round!!

O and i get th etwo white screens and have to turn off/ on again
Oh good - that bit may be normal at least then :-)
I have used two roms so far:
One is the original one is called '[NDS]Nintendo Opera Browser[EUR][ESPALNDS.com].nds' and is 8,192 KB in size
The other is 'browser_eep.nds' and is 6,041 KB in size.

The second one was made by copying and renaming the original and updating with 'OPERA_EEP_Patch.bat' dated 25th September 2007.

ttfn

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
jUST YOU AND ME THEN BUD...

I have GBALDR_v1_6_en.nds 1.15m

and

Opera browser.nds 8.0m

My opera rom is titled the same as yours exactly ( espan...) BUT its 8,388 in size

NOTE i have not patched anything from the start. Just downloaded those two , run as previously stated and thats it.

Gamithh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jUST YOU AND ME THEN BUD...
Yep - looks like it mate.

I have GBALDR_v1_6_en.nds  1.15m
I have found this now and tried it, still no joy. It turns out after hunting this down on the interwebs that I had it on a folder on the card anyway. The TTDS seems to ignore directories when listing it's contents. so I'm wondering if that having copies elsewhere on the cart might throw it off.
I take it you have these two files in the same location (root?) I will try a few combinations and see if anything happens.

It's looking more and more like it's a dodgy cart. I have taken it to bits and put some paper under the contacts, not that it helped.

I have found a gba rom, and it starts up, but then the DS freezes, I might try another just to be sure.

cheers for your help.

ttfn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative