Hacking New DSi and current flashcarts

Do you think current flashcarts will work on the new DSi?

• Yes, with no updates needed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, with fiwmare/OS updates needed

• Only some flashcarts will work

• No, new flashcart hardware will need to be developed

• Other (explained in thread)

• Total voters

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My hunch is that current flashcarts will not be able to work with the new DSi at all. I think we'll need new hardware and that just software (firmware/OS) updates won't cut it. Just a guess though.

So, what do you think?

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
I think we wait until its released instead of making baseless speculation.
75% of forum posts across the web are baseless speculation. It's fun to make predictions. Guess I get that from my love of sports.
smile.gif

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, hopefully some of the folks that do will throw their thoughts on the subject into the mix.

One way or another, this type of thread was going to be created. It was only a matter of time.
cool.gif

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think that the new DSi will need new flashcarts the same as new consoles need new mod chips. the security will be changed and the way the games are made will need to be changed as well, therefore new hardware needed.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSi contains a new anti-piracy software in the camera that will fire a lethal beam of light through your brain if it even suspects that you are a pirate.

:3

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have a feeling carts like the Cyclo, which the DS recognises as a normal game cart, would work fine, but there might be problems with the carts that skip the DS menu and go straight to the cart's menu, since the DSi would probably have a different software architecture.

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doomsday Forte said:
The DSi contains a new anti-piracy software in the camera that will fire a lethal beam of light through your brain if it even suspects that you are a pirate.

LMAO, I actually laughed out loud irl at that one. Damn Nintendo!
laugh.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope to get my hands on a DSi as soon as I can to be able to test a wide range of carts and let the community know the outcome
smile.gif

If anyone has any contacts with suppliers or someone who might be able to import a DSi for me, please PM me.

Xylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
New DS, haha not suprisingly though

Fact 1
they recently hunted down some sites that dumped roms, and made the shut down the site

Fact 2
The now bring us a new DS, most probably with way bether security and Hardware that makes using flashcarts even harder

Fact 3
They get hacked anyway, why bother?

GrathXVI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if firmware or homebrew will allow loading of ROMs from the internal memory/SD slot. Especially on cards like the AceKard 2 which allow loading from/to the Slot-2 on the DS Phat/Lite.
I hope the SD slot will support SDHC, then I can have 8GB + internal storage worth of DS roms on DSi.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Doomsday Forte said:

Yep, that's what the camera is for.. when you turn in the DSi it checks your face for an eye-patch, long beard, scars and parrots in your shoulder
tongue.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
I hope to get my hands on a DSi as soon as I can to be able to test a wide range of carts and let the community know the outcome
smile.gif

If anyone has any contacts with suppliers or someone who might be able to import a DSi for me, please PM me.
Your best bet is probably YesAsia or PlayAsia. They sell import game hardware/games.

GrathXVI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
I think the Cyclo will work because the current DSs detect it as a regular game card.
I expect so, since it's just a 'DS cart'.
Unless they have an auto-updating list of 'safe' games (with the flashcards not on it) or manual bans by name (I'm sure it's possible to change what name the flashcard reads as), as long as it runs old DS games (and it does, KSSU/other games seen being played on one) it should work just fine at least with the ones that read as a normal game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free