New DS Flash Kit - EZ-Flash V

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude can't you read!! i says it has drag and drop feature but also patching if u wish to potentially increase compatability, speed, trainers, mods, etc.

I think that part of the announcement could be tricky. Patching *usually* means the use of a client software to transfer the ROMs. If compat. problems arise they could argue "well, then you should try the patching way instead of direct drag and drop". This is a potential "you depend on the client software updates" device much like slot-2 solutions. But time will tell.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
from what i've heard, DS-X doesn;t actually have perfect Downlaod play to unflashed DS's which is kind bad...
According to the DS-X compatibility list download play works on all but a handfull of games. Not perfect, but far better than any other cart.

QUOTEi could be wrong though, don't quote me.
Quoted.

vegetano1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If only this have a nice Gui with touchscreen!
And a 2 gig microcard suport

This could be the X9 and DSx in 1!!

Does Gbatemp has 1 allready??

smile.gif

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think its great that there is an option to patch , I mean if you would look at the DS-X , wouldn't it be great to be able to patch animal crossing(the only non working game atm) and be able to play it?
Sometimes the problem is at the coding of the ROM , and not the coding of the Slot 1/2 device's firmware.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think its great that there is an option to patch , I mean if you would look at the DS-X , wouldn't it be great to be able to patch animal crossing(the only non working game atm) and be able to play it?
Sometimes the problem is at the coding of the ROM , and not the coding of the Slot 1/2 device's firmware.
Hmm, no.
The problem is never at the coding of the ROM or something. Then the real game wouldn't work either. Furthermore it's certainly the firmware of the DS-X that makes Animal Crossing not work, because in the 1.0.1 firmware Animal Crossing did work, in 1.0.2 it doesn't.
The card should just be so that it can work with any ROM, without requiring new patches for games.

That you can patch for extra feautures is a good thing though, people who like trimming and soft reset can do so, while the rest can still choose for the clean rom stuff.
smile.gif

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And another DS Linker...

Tired of these...

you have an alternative?

Well every week there's a new linker coming out or being announced. Sick and tired of it...
At least if they didn't copy what already exist, yeah, that would be better I think...

Well you know it's a new linker thread, it's on the front page... why click on it?

Besides no one is copying anything. DS-X has "awesome" capability, but limited storage. AceKard has the storage, but it's own file format system. NinjaDS seems to have the right mix, but there is no review as of yet, however the NinjaDS Sticky seems to be pretty good. EZFlash is reputable, and pretty awesome, and also seems to have good compatability and the extra storage space. Point is: no one is copying anyone.

QUOTE(monaug5 @ Dec 12 2006, 11:00 AM)
identical to NinjaPass X9 and a little like Ewin 3 and AceKard case closed
biggrin.gif

Uh... more like NinjaDS and DS-X... not any of the above you mentioned.

chrishk15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all you DSX people need to start seeing this for what it is, because if this is a good solution, then what ever the price may be...plus a 2GB micro memory..and it all equals LESS than the DSX...which isn't any stretch of the imagination at all..then you guys are giong to be crying.

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow!

So, in theory you only need the single slot 1 card..hmm..
( i was going to buy a supercard/superkey combo - being new to the whole scene )
Would this also remove the need to flash the ds?

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno.. do you think that £50-75 (~$100-150) is a reasonable price estimate?, given that EZ-Flash have "removed the middle man" (only one cart needed) so to speak.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno.. do you think that £50-75 (~$100-150) is a reasonable price estimate?, given that EZ-Flash have "removed the middle man" (only one cart needed) so to speak.
I'm going to hazard a guess that it will be between $30-60 USD, since it contains very little flash memory like the EZ4 lite compact does ($25USD) but would have whatever tech the EZPass has ($30USD). So yeah, 100-150 after you add a fairly large capacity microSD (if you don't already have one). Also keeping in mind, EZ usually brings out their product at just a bit more cost than the lowest priced competitor (~40USD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum