New COD4 playlists axed, no more DLC likely

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"We hope you like Call of Duty 4 just the way it is -- or have moved on to COD: World at War -- because it sounds like it's going to stay that way. Popping into the Xbox.com forums, Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling (known to gamers as fourzerotwo) responded to comments regarding new playlists for COD4 as well as any upcoming DLC. Unfortunately, Bowling announced that the much talked about playlists "never came to fruition." We're not sure when they were shelved, though they had been mentioned by Bowling as recently as September.

On the discussion of DLC, Bowling stated that it was Infinity Ward's goal to ship as many maps on the Call of Duty 4 disc as possible. Bowling stated that the challenge developers face is balancing the number of maps included with a game and the steady release of DLC later. Said Bowling, "If you include [maps] out of box (shipped with game for no extra cost) then it's just ignored and people demand more. If you instead, decide to get the game out and then worry about beefing up the map selection via DLC, people say 'don't nickle and dime me' or 'this should have been included in the shipped game.'"

Bowling then said that Infinity Ward is focusing on expanding its development team to better handle post-launch support for its games while still maintaining enough staff to work on future projects. The upshot of all this: don't expect any more DLC for Call of Duty 4, but expect better post-launch support on Infinity Ward's next project. Whatever that is."

Source

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I guess this is their way to get players to migrate over to World at War rather than sticking to COD4.

3. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    World at War is shit. CoD4 was an amazing game. And it would have been much better if there deadline didnt get fucked up and part of the team was not off working on something else for part of the development of the game.

4. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    DLC = Downloadable Content?

5. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Yes that is what it means.

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Agreed, World at War is sucky compared to CoD 4.
    I'm more looking forward to CoD 6, who will be again in Modern Warfare and made by Infinity Ward.

And CoD 4 sucks compared to CoD 2, which makes CoD 2 the best in the franchise.