Gaming New Castlevania DS Game confirmed!

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Glad it's finally confirmed, I submitted those screens to user news a few months ago and everyone jumped on them.
I expect it will come somewhere between Oct - Dec. Can't wait, next to 2D Metroids these are some of my favourite games on any system. Another good thing is if this has been filed, I wonder how far along the 360 game is...
I must be out of the loop because I didn't know they were developing a 360 castlevania. Is it going to be 3D? 2.5D? 2D?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
No idea yet. Some have said it will another XBLA game like the Rondo remake for PSP. Others have said it will be a fully fledged retail game on disc. Google it!
I just hope if it's all 3D it's not trash as we all know 3D vanias have not worked in the past on any platform.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grimalkin said:
Well we all know that there IS one coming. This is most likely it, but they better make it good.
I hope they make it different from the other two that have came out. They need to start switching up the formula.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is the translation of the Japanese title for the game?
And did anyone else notice the "Wii" option in the main menu?
smile.gif

It'll be really nice if this is the long-awaited 1999 game but it doesn't seem like it since the title implies an earlier time period and the main character is a girl (unless they did the 2 character system again, but I'd have to burn down Konami's HQ if they did).

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where Nintendo doesn't deliver (2D-Metroid) Konami doesn't let us down (Castleroid). Looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll pass the anime style this time. Currently I'm playing SOTN and it looks awesome!

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Symphony of The Night can be considered the one of the best Castlevania game ever made.. nowadays Castlevanias used the same basic: a character with wide array of equipment. In the past, Castlevania is about Belmont and Whip only, SoTN is the start of a new era for Castlevania

And, I'd like to see SoTN's graphics to be used in this new game, anime style just doesn't cut it. Castlevania is all-about European dude!

However, it's up to the developers.....
frown.gif

Pintassilgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man,I totally want this game

I fucking love 2D Castlevanias post Symphony(When they added RPG elements),I finished Symphony,the 3 games for GBA and the 2 for DS

I really hope this game come to the USA shores until the end of the year =D

Urziel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I am referring to an older post but Noitora is right, Ecclisia means church in Greek...

now that sounds cool!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESRB usually only rate finished games, so erm its finished.

I really do hope its not a sequel to or a DS port of Order of Shadows 'cos that game was a massive step backwards and was dull as fuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse