Hacking New carts? New firmware?

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to submit a theory for DS-X's team current upgrade hiatus. With the crackdown on the modchip scene this Fall, they decided to distance themselves from ROM piracy and boast their "homebrew" side.

A theory holds true until proven wrong. What do you think? Do you have a better one?
so where are the results of boasting the homebrew side? we havent seen any updates, not even those that would improve only homebrew compatibility

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After I responded to one of amemoryoncelost's posts over on the DS-X forum, I noticed that part of his post had been deleted. I was responding to the following quote made by the DS-X team on December 8th 2006,

"we in this for the long haul, the Ds-Xtreme is still a baby, barely able to crawl, its has a lot yet to offer , and in the coming year or so, we hope to prove this. Yes right now its core features are amazing and ground breaking, but in six months when other devices hit the market, we want our customers who have paid good money for their device to feel that they have invested in us and our design , not just spent some hard earned cash on a disposable unit. Yes we will have multiple products, but NO we will not let our “older” designs die off in just a few months with lack of support or updates."

It's been a year and eleven days since that post was made & so far we've seen many other products from other companies hit the market & do a much better job. Our last update was six months ago!! The DS-X team HAVE ALREADY "let our “older” designs die off in just a few months with lack of support or updates."
The DS-X team could rise up out of the ashes like a phoenix though and once again become the great flash cart that we all had hoped for; but not only will the new firmware have to have solved all the compatibility problems, it will have had to have finally taken advantage of the FPGA and given us all a reason to have spent so much more money on a DS-X as opposed to one of the many other carts on the market.

I just thought that I had better post it here before my reply was deleted over there.

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"we in this for the long haul, the Ds-Xtreme is still a baby, barely able to crawl, its has a lot yet to offer , and in the coming year or so, we hope to prove this. Yes right now its core features are amazing and ground breaking, but in six months when other devices hit the market, we want our customers who have paid good money for their device to feel that they have invested in us and our design , not just spent some hard earned cash on a disposable unit. Yes we will have multiple products, but NO we will not let our “older” designs die off in just a few months with lack of support or updates."

Yeah, when I read it the above paragraph was deleted from amol's post. An extremely valid point, I wonder what rule states you can't quote statements that came directly from the dev team, in their own words?

Rabid1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, when I read it the above paragraph was deleted from amol's post. An extremely valid point, I wonder what rule states you can't quote statements that came directly from the dev team, in their own words?

That part of the post was not amol's posts. it was posted by a banned user who has openly admitted he does not own a DS-X never has and has created multiple account just to stir crap up. Regardless of how anybody feels about the current situation there is no need for trash like him.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, when I read it the above paragraph was deleted from amol's post. An extremely valid point, I wonder what rule states you can't quote statements that came directly from the dev team, in their own words?
I'm sure they'll pull one up, that place has some of the most draconian posting policies I've ever seen. Technically, I don't think you're allowed to use pronouns over there.

And wasn't the six-months-old update just to fix the mess the first attempt created? So how long is it _really_ since we saw something new introduced?

selamat.tingal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the heck of it, I surveyed all online stores on DS-X's resellers' list. Out of 19, only three have it in stock. Most of the resellers don't even list the cart anymore. These guys have gone through the trouble of manufacturing and shipping a new batch, but their channels of distribution are shutting down one by one. They really are disconnected with the market; they look pretty pathetic. Has anybody heard or read anything about an upcoming firmware?

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no one has heard anything
I think someone just needs to write their own firmware or somehow copy the M3.R4 firmware and we just drop that firmware onto our carts. Is that even possible? Would be so cool to make that happen

QUOTE said:
Has anybody heard or read anything about an upcoming firmware?
actually, we may be getting something very soon...

blast from the past http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=4215 I think post #10 is the banger, last few paragraphs...
QUOTEWe address issues at their core. We stand by anything that goes wrong, whether it's our fault or not. We care for our customers and we do our best to support them anyway possible.

Maybe you are right, maybe we should downplay issues or neglect them like most companies do...... It would definately help our "reputation"

Then again, that would be at the cost of the consumer. And to be honest, that is a trade-off I personally would not stand for. I rather have "DS-X" have a bad reputation due to acknowledging issues and openly talking about them, than not doing so to save our "reputation" but upset many customers.

In the end, I care for our customers the most, not our reputation or if I am popular. I want you guys to have a device that works properly that you enjoy, and if it means that we lose reputation due to that, heck, thats a small price to pay compared to making even "only" one customer smile because you fixed their DS-Xtreme or helped them get it up and running properly.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, when I read it the above paragraph was deleted from amol's post.  An extremely valid point, I wonder what rule states you can't quote statements that came directly from the dev team, in their own words?

That part of the post was not amol's posts. it was posted by a banned user who has openly admitted he does not own a DS-X never has and has created multiple account just to stir crap up. Regardless of how anybody feels about the current situation there is no need for trash like him.

Yeah, I'm a banned user alright! Spammer as well! Oh and trash too!

And you are a liar...

DSC01483.jpg

I'm not proud to own a ds-x but you don't have to call me trash, I don't think any mod should call their customer trash.

Oh yeah, reason for being banned "Your either retarded or you mom doesn't know your using the computer" Nice...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fascinating... And yes, I can wholly understand why somebody would be taking time out of their life to 'stir crap up' without even owning one, negating any personal motivations for their actions.

Perceiving hidden agendas and conspiracies where none exist? I believe that's called paranoia. He may want to seek treatment ASAP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??