Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I got bored and get a new avatar
smile.gif

Everyone loves dynamic avatars
smile.gif

Wasn't as hard as it looks, a minute to dump all the images, and another to convert them all to png, and yet another to upload them
smile.gif

60 specially chosen units
smile.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Ace Gunman said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but dynamic avatars are now against the rules.
unsure.gif

Really? Not complaining or anything (why should I care I don't have dynamic) but why?

From jumpman:
QUOTE(jumpman17 @ Sep 30 2008, 11:57 PM)
The idea behind this was because dynamic avatars are essentially just bypassing the file size rule.

Even if every image was 25 KB, 100 of those is 2.5 MB. So when someone is browsing, every time they load a page with a post from you, it's like a different member's ava is loading and just adds to the load time of the page.

On top of that members have been caught using dynamic sigs/avatars to slip in inappropriate content. Most people don't catch it and it's incredibly difficult to moderate.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
dinofan01 said:
Ace Gunman said:
unsure.gif

Really? Not complaining or anything (why should I care I don't have dynamic) but why?

From jumpman:
The idea behind this was because dynamic avatars are essentially just bypassing the file size rule.

Even if every image was 25 KB, 100 of those is 2.5 MB. So when someone is browsing, every time they load a page with a post from you, it's like a different member's ava is loading and just adds to the load time of the page.

On top of that members have been caught using dynamic sigs/avatars to slip in inappropriate content. Most people don't catch it and it's incredibly difficult to moderate.
Ok I guess that's a good point. Now I know.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
dinofan01 said:
Ace Gunman said:
unsure.gif

From jumpman:

Lol, looking through the 60 files I had, each was less then 2 KB, but yea, dynamic images do sometimes take a while to load
And they dont cache either

S

ScuberSteve

Ace Gunman said:

When I did that, it was pretty blatant. Advertised, even.
=/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up