Hardware New 3DS XL stuck in sleep mode???

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!
I got a customer N3DS that seems to be stuck in sleep mode.

Let me explain the whole scenario:
The customer bricked the console and sent it to another "technician" who screwed the board big time: ripped off the original CLK and did a whole mess with a connector.
The connector is the one that the small flat cable coming from the bottom screen goes.

I swapped this connector, re-flashed the NAND (yes, the console had 6 different copies of it) but when I power the console on the blue LED and after a couple of seconds the yellow LED lights. A few seconds later the blue LED dims and the yellow starts blinking.

I tried all 6 NANDs (NAND x2, sysNAND x1, emuNAND x2, formatted x1), all with the same behaviour.

I wonder if the connector related to the small flat controls the sleep state. If so, I just need to rework it.

Any advise is welcome!

Thanks!

PS: Little video showing the issue!

Last edited by mvmiranda,

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
This sounds like an MCU brick and will likely be unfixable.

@vb_encryption_vb might offer some advice, but I think it's toast.
Thx for the commend, mate, but I think this is something else.
It doesn't look like a brick. A brick would be no yellow light (wifi) and a solid blue light.

The customer had it bricked but he also had working NANDs.
I re-flashed them and the behaviour after each one of them is consistent with a console is sleep mode: blue led slowly dimming and lighting stronger, in a cyclic way, and the yellow light blinking like crazy (you know when your 3ds is downloading a new software version is sleep mode?? like that!).

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Try removing the battery for a few seconds, replace it. Then boot again.
I'm gonna leave it like that while I try replacing the button board, since the sensor is there (following @PabloMK7's tip)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Shout!
You'd never guess what the issue was... so lame! so dummy! :(
It was dirt inside the power flat connector... yeah! A drop of isopropyl alcohol solved it :(
Thx guys for your tips! Specially @PabloMK7 for the tip where the sleep sensor was!

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1