New 3DS XL slidepad grip

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by drakorex, Jan 5, 2014.

1. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I was searching for a grip for my XL made by Cyber Gadget, because I got one for a friend and really liked it. Then I came across this one. Can't find much about it as far as reviews.

[​IMG][​IMG]

cearp likes this.
  2. drakorex
    OP

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Anyone know much about this/ have tried it?

3. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    What does that button do?

4. CoolPrizes

CoolPrizes Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    It says 'スライドパッド' (suraidopaddo) in Japanese, or 'Slidepad' in English.

Basically, a relocation of the 2nd analog stick on the original Slidepad/Circlepad.

5. Category

Category Trainee Romhacker

Jan 29, 2008
    Bournemouth
    That actually looks pretty damn comfy. Would like to try it out! Is there a link to buy it anywhere?

6. drakorex
    OP

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Ebay

7. Category

Category Trainee Romhacker

Jan 29, 2008
    Bournemouth
    Does it have a name on eBay you've seen? Searching "3ds xl cyber gadget" got nothing like it for me...

8. Elusivo

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    So has anybody tried this cyber grip with left shoulder stick yet? i'm curious for a review, only read that the analog stick is not so good.

And then there's this behemoth which i dunno if it's selling already or still on preorder... needs a to sacrifice an original cpp xl diy tho... so not cheap...

http://shop.gametech.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=56

9. drakorex
    OP

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I actually bought this a few days after making this thread. The shell is made of durable plastic, however I prefer the soft touch rubbery finish of the non slidepad version. This one seems a little less comfortable to hold for long periods of time than the other one too (maybe the grips aren't out as far). The slidepad placement does take some getting used to. It feels weird controlling both analogs with the same hand, and going from L/R to L2/R2 Is a bit of a strech. The slidepad does not rotate smoothly, as the shaft is inside of a rather plus sign shaped hole. An easy fix with a dremel and a sanding stone. Not really a terrible product, just takes a little effort.

...Interesting. Where can I find that one?

10. Muskusrat

Muskusrat GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
  11. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Looks cool but I'm wary how it would feel, 1- you're depending on one hand for the following: grip, circle/d-pad, L, and the 2nd circle. I'm wondering if I could even handle that? 2- would it feel alright to contort your index finger with the accuracy of using your thumbs comfortably? Would that affect the grip?

EDIT: don't blame me for the necrobump I'm just in it for sloppy seconds