New 3DS XL Low Stocks?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by D34DL1N3R, Mar 10, 2016.

1. D34DL1N3R
    OP

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere I look for a new 3DS XL in my area is completely out of stock. None of the area Gamestops have any, none of the Walmarts, and none of the Targets. Even on Amazon they are out of stock except for 3rd party sellers.

Why is there such low stock all over? Sure I can get one online, but I want to purchase locally.

2. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
  3. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    nintendo printing money again. they should realize by now that piracy helps their sales.

DS exploded because of R4, and now 3DS is getting there with CFW and a9lh

4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Could be the $175 gamestop promotion and resulting price matches have strained supplies? Maybe shipping/manufacturing difficulties like last year? Or clearing up stock for new colors or model? Just guessing lol.

I really don't think they're discontinuing the newXL but it's possible.

5. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    The Walmart my wife works at just got a bunch of them two or three days ago. If you haven't checked Walmart since then, you might want to check again.

6. olembet

olembet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    are u kidding me? malaysia here got a bunch of unsold brand new everywhere and every shop i went through, even 9.0 still on shelves unopened.. but the stock keep on coming!

7. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I've noticed a lot of Amazon sellers say backordered, but replenishment is only a few days away with most of them. I think the current shortages are just a spike in sales due to: Fire Emblem, tax returns, pokemon, and the $175 GS discount probably.

And OP, "only 3rd party" - that's just the way Amazon usually does it with stuff they don't manufacture.

8. txskeets

txskeets Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    United States