tony montana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!!

Would appreciate a bit of advice plz!

I have just bought a new 3ds xl but I have been reading a lot in the last 24 hours and the firmware on my consore is ver 6.2.0 and I just happen to buy the R4i Gold Deluxe card and it only supports up to 4.5 I think it is?

So now im thinking is there an upgrade that we can install to get around this problem as you cant install the Nintendo DS Profile bit as it brings an error message up and restarts?

What my options now plz guys for me to get some roms up and running with this card I have?

tony montana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I use the gateway menu? Is there a certain file i need to do this?

I was thinking either get rid of the 3ds or get another card. Maybe I don't need to do this now lol

tony montana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replys guys!

I'm glad I come on here now as I've learnt a thing or 2 but Wat are the other options that i have now or should I say how do I go about using this xd cfw program?

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi tony,

first i was confused about about new 3ds xl and your Version 6.2.0.
But yeah now i have it: You bought a new (old) 3ds xl :-).

I would recommend you, that you get the 3.3 gateway software (yep only software).
After getting the software put the launcher.dat (GW_Ultra_3.3(Public Beta)) onto your 3ds sdcard and configure a wlan connection. But do not Update!
Then go with the browser to go.gateway-3ds.com. You will get into the Gatewaymenu and Backup your NAND.
Shutdown your 3DS, put the sd to your computer and Backup the hole content. The NAND.BIN is very important. Backup it on two, three places (hdd, usb, nas, webstorage).

Then Download your region secific downgrade fileset from the gateway website and put it onto your sdcard.
After that put the sd back into the 3ds, power it up and go oncemore with the browser to go.gateway-3ds.com.
Back into the Gatewaymenu go to the last icon and downgrade your console. Restart the 3ds.

now you have firmware 4.5. Congrats.
Remove the wifi-settings to be sure not to download an update.

From here you can get easier to what ever you want to do.

With cfw you have for example the posibility of Emu(lated)NAND.
That mean, you have a copy of your nand on your SD card. Now you can start that emunand and for example can update it to have access to the eshop.

Last edited by sweatbox,

tony montana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice one Sweatbox!!!!

It has worked.......Im now on Ver 4.5 Yippy!!!!!!

Ok so now whats my best bet next? shall I now continue to use my R4i Gold Deluxe card to play my 3ds roms or use the Gateway firmware through the r4i GD to play games??

There maybe even a better way to play the roms that I don't know of?

Thanks mate!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, my phone is from 2019