Hardware New 3DS Topic

Will you buy a New 3DS in the US/Europe release date?

• Total voters

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With the upcoming release of the New 3DS on America and Europe I decided
to create this topic in order to concentrate the topics and posts about the New 3DS.
Wether if it's to disccuss if the New 3DS is worth buying or not, what are it's benefits,
or your opinion in general about it, this is the perfect place for this.
I ask the moderation to consider if this topic is useful before deleting it and,
if not, at least PM me please.

Here is an edited version by me of the New 3DS XL Directs, resuming what's possible and showing the bundles:

I've been searching about the New 3DS and found one review on youtube that
seems very good for me, remember this is not me and I do not take credit for this review:

From what I've been reading from several different places this is the overall pros and cons

Pros:
*C-Stick and new shoulder buttons that are compatible with Circle Pad Pro enchanced games.
*The 3D is really functional this time, the biggest feature on this New 3DS.
*Bigger processing power.
*Better finnishing, the buttons are less clicky, the 3DS doesn't do those loud and annoying noises when opening and closing, it seems to be made from a more resistent and durable material or at least
it doesn't feel cheap like the original 3DS XL.
*The speakers are of better quality than the original 3DS, also they are louder, which was almost necessary considering that it was hard to listen to it with enviroment sound without headphones,
and even without enviroment sound they were quite low.

Cons:
*Awkward Position of Stylus
*High Price for it's limited specs
*The stronger hardware is not used in most of 3DS library and not used at all in DS library
*You'll need a screwdriver to change the MicroSD card, which is a different card from the one used on the original 3DS

Taking everything in consideration I think that the update is worth if you're not tight on budget,
but what's your opinion about the New 3DS?

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New positioning of stylus on the New 3DS should not be a con, try living a day in the life as a left handed person and see how much worst it is.

Edit:

I'm unsure if I'm going to be keeping my pre-order for the Majora's Mask Edition of the New 3DS XL.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After owning one for about a week I can confirm most of the pros you've listed as true. The 3D is absolutely amazing and works all the time. This is really the biggest selling point. This is the true 3DS as the old one doesn't really work in 3D unless you hold your breath and don't move during gameplay.
As for the cons I don't see anything crucial, I only had to unscrew the console once to upgrade the microsd with a 32gb one and load up homebrew. I guess it's not perfect but definitely not a deal breaker. Stylus position isn't a big deal either.

Dualin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The CPU and RAM is also slightly upgraded from the older version. So things like web browsing is much faster and some games such as Monster Hunter 4G/Ultimate run and load faster.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i preordered both the majora's mask and the monster hunter xl's however i really wanted a small one for the colored buttons, faceplates, and ofcoarse fitting in my pockets. so if a permanent method for changing the new 3ds's region comes out before release day i'll return my american ones and buy small new 3ds's from elsewhere.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The CPU and RAM is also slightly upgraded from the older version. So things like web browsing is much faster and some games such as Monster Hunter 4G/Ultimate run and load faster.

Everybody has seen this info, the problem is that there is no official info about that,
so I didn't put it yet, I'll wait more sources saying that before post it.
So far I'll just post bigger processing power.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Importing a White new 3ds...

Gonna show up at the Gamestop launch of the XL..

B-) yeah, im like that.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
I would vote on this, but it excludes my option. I already have a legit European New 3DS - Ambassador edition. It is lovely, and the super stable 3D works great - I may actually use 3D more now! Sitting on the hype train currently waiting for the gateway update...

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would vote on this, but it excludes my option. I already have a legit European New 3DS - Ambassador edition. It is lovely, and the super stable 3D works great - I may actually use 3D more now! Sitting on the hype train currently waiting for the gateway update...

You can make a system transfer and, as the name says, transfer your ambassador titles.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
You can make a system transfer and, as the name says, transfer your ambassador titles.

No, I can't. If I do a system transfer, I have to update my New 3DS to 9.4, then my gateway won't work on it. And its an Ambassador New 3DS, which is unrelated to the "Ambassador" VC titles they released for the original 3DS.

Also, your reply has nothing to do with it - I meant there is no option for me to vote. No, I'm not getting one on launch day - I already have one, and didn't import it. I already have an EUR New 3DS.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, I can't. If I do a system transfer, I have to update my New 3DS to 9.4, then my gateway won't work on it. And its an Ambassador New 3DS, which is unrelated to the "Ambassador" VC titles they released for the original 3DS.

Also, your reply has nothing to do with it - I meant there is no option for me to vote. No, I'm not getting one on launch day - I already have one, and didn't import it. I already have an EUR New 3DS.

Sorry, I read it wrong. I didn't even remember the Ambassador New 3DS

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have an Embassador N3DS.. I think the only thing I hate is the stylus.
The rest..I simply love it. I have played all my original games (since Ridge Racer 3D) in full 3D no stop.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

I feel your pain :D I have an Ambassador N3DS to and on my old 3DS XL all my Ambassador games
But, i updated mine to 9.4 to do the system transffer :), the only reason, i want to keep my Ambassador N3DS clean, no warez, no homebrew, only legit stuff and play online/have eshop access AND i want it to have all my Ambassador games on it to :P
Sp basicly i have an old 3DS with Gateway and sysnand 4.5 and emunand 9.4, a 3DS XL with 9.4 (for sky3ds) and a N3DS with 9.4 for all my bought games (and thiw will be updated with all the newest updates from Nintendo)

I have an Embassador N3DS.. I think the only thing I hate is the stylus.
The rest..I simply love it. I have played all my original games (since Ridge Racer 3D) in full 3D no stop.

There's more to hate:
- The power button: damned it needs very hard pressure to hear the click and turn it off (or you need to use your nails)
- The Top screen: I can wiggle it with my 2 pointing fingers while holding the N3DS
- The removable backplate: Screws are tigh and still it feels lose, when playing i hear the backplate clicking to the back everytime i move my other fingers
- On the hinges, on 1 side you can't put in a piece of paper, on the other side i can put in 3 layers of paper
- The top screen: When rubbing over the screen corner my nail sticks in the space between the screen and the plastic, on the other side it's so close it feels like the glass and plastic is 1 piece
- I hate the color buttons, the coloring washes off on the white plastic it seems
- The ZL and ZR buttons on the top or very hard to press without pressing the L or Z when you have small hands

Yupz it really feels and looks like this unit is made on a monday morning after a havy weekend of partying!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended