Status
Not open for further replies.

Trubo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit 3: Friendsxix called it

New 3DS LL (Metallic Blue), QJF1044XXXX 7, Version 9.1.0-20J.

Got from Play-Asia

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide for checking firmware on a Japanese N3DS? Just paranoid that I'll accidentally update the firmware without meaning to do so.

Course I could have just saved myself a headache it seems if I had just bought the Japanese Smash Bros LE.

Edit: But just to have this information at hand,

New 3DS LL (Metallic Blue), QJF1044XXXX 7, Version ?.?.?J.
Based on your serial, I'd say you have 9.1.0-20J. To be certain though, you'd have to power it on, go to system settings, and read the "Ver." string on the bottom right of the top screen. If you have no internet options setup, you are at a 0% risk of updating due to this procedure. (Unless you hang out around a Nintendo Zone location.)

Trubo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was probably already answered but if you can't find the serial number on the box, it's probably because it was stuck onto one of those manuals you get inside the box. At least, mine was.

Abdul Paulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought mine on Friday 19th From Nippon-Yasan.com, just arrived.
New 3DS LL - Metallic Black
Version 9.1.0
QJF1053XXXX X

sftc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bought one yet so this is semi-relevant to the thread. I'm considering buying a Japanese N3DS LL and I was wondering if anyone bought theirs from amiami.com or amazon.co.jp recently? By recently, I mean within the last 7-10 days. The reason for those two sites is because from what I've observed they seem to give you the best bang for your buck if you opt for a Japanese N3DS/LL. The reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is because I'm worried I might get one with 9.3 so that's why I'm asking.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I haven't bought one yet so this is semi-relevant to the thread. I'm considering buying a Japanese N3DS LL and I was wondering if anyone bought theirs from amiami.com or amazon.co.jp recently? By recently, I mean within the last 7-10 days. The reason for those two sites is because from what I've observed they seem to give you the best bang for your buck if you opt for a Japanese N3DS/LL. The reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is because I'm worried I might get one with 9.3 so that's why I'm asking.

Get it from Nippon-Yasan.com

Cheap, fast shipping and either a 8.1 or 9.1 shipped. I received a 8.1, 4 days after they shipped it tracked and they put $20 dollars on the package, as the value to avoid imports taxes.

Reactions: satel

sftc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get it from Nippon-Yasan.com

Cheap, fast shipping and either a 8.1 or 9.1 shipped. I received a 8.1, 4 days after they shipped it tracked and they put $20 dollars on the package, as the value to avoid imports taxes.
How much did you wind up paying for yours w/ shipping? Did you opt for the cheapest shipping option available or did you splurge? 142 EUR at Nippon. At Amazon and Amiami it's 131 and 135 EUR respectively.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
£112 UK pounds on Nippon, which is a bargain, as you cannot get a brand new 3DS XL for that here.

I paid £132 UK pounds shipped via EMS Express, whereas a AUS model would set me back at least £200,

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
£112 UK pounds on Nippon, which is a bargain, as you cannot get a brand new 3DS XL for that here.

I paid £132 UK pounds shipped via EMS Express, whereas a AUS model would set me back at least £200,

why EMS when Fedex costs the same but faster ? did you pay customs/vat ?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
why EMS when Fedex costs the same but faster ? did you pay customs/vat ?

Because I trust EMS because even though they put $20 on the package, there is still a possibility with Fedex that import taxes will be made. This is down to experience in the past and no I didn't pay taxes with EMS

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Because I trust EMS because even though they put $20 on the package, there is still a possibility with Fedex that import taxes will be made. This is down to experience in the past and no I didn't pay taxes with EMS

what about the 3ds battery ? Nippon Yasan say on their website
Choose Fedex or Transi-Logistic to ship with Lithium Batteries without problem!

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i live in the US, i had 2 options. buy a japanese n3ds ll limited edition smash bros for 208$ fedex priority from nippon yasan. or a regular color unlimited XL australian from play asia for 260$ base (plus more for express shipping). thats a no brainer in my book! not to mention smash bros looks damn nice

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
no asian text only

the asian text is no deal breaker to me,i have a jap 8.1 n3ds & i have had no problems what so ever setting up my account & wifi settings at first go. the only big issue for me is it won't play my pal retail 3ds games so this jap console without the gateway card is useless.
gotta hate :gun:region locking.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If I wanted a AUS English model, I would have went for one. I grew up in the 80's and 90's when imports was a big thing, more so than it is today (way before the internet existed) and who cares if it's in Japanese? Everyone seems to make a big deal out of it from what I see nowadays.

Who never played MGS in Japanese and other games, figuring out stuff without no internet guides?

The Lithium battery is not an issue like it previous was either, as restrictions have lessened.

Reactions: Madao64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1