Hacking New 3ds hardware mod, will it be possibru?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criznittle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about hardware modding, but is it too soon to tell?
Would the system actively reject 4.1-4.5 because of the new processor and memory?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a possibility. Sony did that with the PSP, releasing hardware revisions that stopped the older versions from being compatible with some of the motherboards hardware.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really doesn't matter since the NAND is encrypted on a per device basis so it is just as likely for us to see CFW on any 3DS.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is a pretty stupid. The day you can downgrade a N3DS to 4.5 is the day when you won't **king need to because you cracked the encryption and can run roms on latest firmware.

Stop this nonsense and die in a fire....Ok just kidding on the fire part. But seriously this thread needs to be locked.

This.

About 70% of these threads in this forum need to be locked, anyway.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Well, considering the fact that the 2DS (which is a revision of the 3DS) can never have 4.1-4.5 firmware, it's definitely safe to assume that the new 3DS models will NEVER EVER be able to use the same exploit that our current incarnation of 3DS consoles can use. Sorry.

I'll put a fair amount of money on a bet to say that the new 3DS models will not have a kernel exploit for a very very very longtime, if not, ever.... Although it would be nice, dem coloured buttons! :wub:

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering the fact that the 2DS (which is a revision of the 3DS) can never have 4.1-4.5 firmware, it's definitely safe to assume that the new 3DS models will NEVER EVER be able to use the same exploit that our current incarnation of 3DS consoles can use. Sorry.

I'll put a fair amount of money on a bet to say that the new 3DS models will not have a kernel exploit for a very very very longtime, if not, ever.... Although it would be nice, dem coloured buttons! :wub:

It's not that they can never have 4.1 to 4.5 firmware, it's just that none were ever released with it installed.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
It's not that they can never have 4.1 to 4.5 firmware, it's just that none were ever released with it installed.

So, with current downgrade methods, you must have a NAND image of your own console, obtained via a hardware mod while it was on lower firmware. As you stated, the 2DS was released with 6.x and maybe the new 3DS revisions with have 8.x-9.x, so what i meant was, with current methods of downgrading, they will never have 4.1-4.5 ;)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, if you think a thread needs locked, report it, instead of being hostile. Ill hand out warnings next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1