Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
"dumb" buyers wut? The average consumer wont really care about the 10 games limit Because they will view it as 8 free 3ds games.(Yes the price is $80 U.S)
And we have yet to see if the limitation is the only way the card could work It could be that because of the nature of the cart the 10 game limitation had to be their orthe cart wont work.

and the average consumer doesn't want to search for a 4.5 console or waste time setting up emunand etc . target people of this flashcart is not the same has gateway

Reactions: cvskid

ripperroo123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only recent gained interest in 3DS hacking/homebrew, due to Flipnote Studio 3D being dumped. Needless to say, I haven't been keeping my 3DS at a suitably low version for Gateway compatibility. So I'm slightly interested in this Sky3DS.

However, the website for this new Flashcart says that region locking still applies. So I couldn't run FS3D from it anyway. :(

Also, why would anybody buy this? It's basically guaranteed that after this comes out, the next update will block it out. And there's no guarantee that Sky3DS will be able to keep putting out updates to stay on top of Nintendo. Essentially, people who purchase this are crippling their 3DS to the current version, losing eShop support. Or am I missing something?

I've also been following Smealum on Twitter closely. His Homebrew channel will not be able to run ROMs, but is it likely or even possible that somebody will create a ROM loader for his homebrew channel? That seems to be my best choice at this point. I don't really want to buy an old 4.x 3DS for Gateway, and I don't really want to take an expensive risk with Sky3DS. I just want to have Flipnote Studio 3D :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have only recent gained interest in 3DS hacking/homebrew, due to Flipnote Studio 3D being dumped. Needless to say, I haven't been keeping my 3DS at a suitably low version for Gateway compatibility. So I'm slightly interested in this Sky3DS.

However, the website for this new Flashcart says that region locking still applies. So I couldn't run FS3D from it anyway. :(

Also, why would anybody buy this? It's basically guaranteed that after this comes out, the next update will block it out. And there's no guarantee that Sky3DS will be able to keep putting out updates to stay on top of Nintendo. Essentially, people who purchase this are crippling their 3DS to the current version, losing eShop support. Or am I missing something?

I've also been following Smealum on Twitter closely. His Homebrew channel will not be able to run ROMs, but is it likely or even possible that somebody will create a ROM loader for his homebrew channel? That seems to be my best choice at this point. I don't really want to buy an old 4.x 3DS for Gateway, and I don't really want to take an expensive risk with Sky3DS. I just want to have Flipnote Studio 3D :(
smealums exploit is userland only.......one thing to consider is that smealum said he *may* get region free working....that + this = nearly gateway level of freedom, but flipnote still wouldn't not work as there is no way for this card to run eshop titles, its only 1:1 carts, and smealums exploit has no way of running roms

Reactions: ripperroo123

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks
Is there any possibility that somebody will make a ROM loader that works with smelaum's exploit in the future?
unlikely, but *if* someone found a kernel exploit for higher firmwares it could be possible, but considering thats exactly what gateway have probably spent the past few months looking into on and off i imagine everything over 4.x is pretty secure on the kernel side of things.....but never say never i suppose, but on that same note dont be expecting anything from it

gtm22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pretty unrelated but:
first there were console wars, now flashcards wars
E98.jpg

D

Deleted User

I didn't even know there were cards like this for the 3DS until now?
I think I may get one a while after release as long as Nintendoop doesn't release an update against it.

ah_long

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how accurate the 'translation' of the FAQ on the sky3ds' site is.

Does anyone know if they are from China?

If you can read Chinese, the description on this China preorder says that you can load a max of 10 games per micro SD. It says no restriction on size but it seems the 'cataloging' function of the sky3ds will only support up to 10 games (there's an external button for you to shuffle between games)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.ZWW0kj&id=41918691265&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

Criznittle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how accurate the 'translation' of the FAQ on the sky3ds' site is.

Does anyone know if they are from China?

If you can read Chinese, the description on this China preorder says that you can load a max of 10 games per micro SD. It says no restriction on size but it seems the 'cataloging' function of the sky3ds will only support up to 10 games (there's an external button for you to shuffle between games)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.ZWW0kj&id=41918691265&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

mgpjfwQ.jpg

That's equal to about $78

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have only a 2DS, i have no choix but to buy it
You do have a choice. Wait until it comes out and let gateway tinker with it. If you think they arent going to buy one to play woth it then youre being silly. Gateway may be able to figure out how to work on 9.x sysnand.

Wait a few months and be patient. Hell once its out(if it comes out) it may take less time then a few months. Tjen you have all the abilities of gateway on latest firmware.

Remember thats not a fact but like i said if you think gateway isnt going to tinker with this thing youre silly.

Edit: go look at gateways site even. In the 2.5 update they say they have nothing official to say about the New 3ds but they have a few tricks up their sleeves. Maybe now they will have a new kexploit and a new userland exploit. All you have to do is wait to find out.

Sky3ds is an awesome competitor if they are real though. And maybe they will see they meed to fix the limitations of their card. Who knows what could come from this. Things are heating up and i can only see mpre progress being made from here.

Edit 2: sorry for my spelling errors ill try to remember to edit them out tomorrow. Im on my phone and its a straight up pain in the ass trying to do it on here.

D

Deleted-355425

I can tell you a fact, gateway have said they have something they are working on which they cannot give details on yet, so I'd sit and wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol