Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I have read that too nop probably just another sd card.

It's been confirmed through countless emails with the card's team that they intend for you to purchase another "Sky3DS" card when you use up 10 games. Not another SD card, a whole 'nother cartridge.

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait what?! these guys are CHARGING $120 for a 10 game cart?! THAT IS THE WORST GAME UNDERCUT IN YEARS!!! :angry:

Once Nintendo find this rat... :D

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
This thread is stupid, but I think the 10 games thing can't be permanent... Probably means it registers 10 ID's and you have to choose to remove one to add another one. Don't forget this could be a technical limitation as well.

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by LESS appealing? :wtf:

If you mean't no homebrew... I would prefer homebrew over this, IMO.

If you also mean't no region unlock... That's something I can deal with. I don't play any of the normally Japanese exclusive games anyway

I also saw the video on Sky3DS' site: is it that easy to reload another game?

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That's why i said earlier its better to just buy a 4.1-4.5 (or lower and use a 4.5game to update) than buying 1 or 2 of those supposedly real carts that might get patched on next fw.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What do you mean by LESS appealing? :wtf:

If you mean't no homebrew... I would prefer homebrew over this, IMO.

If you also mean't no region unlock... That's something I can deal with. I don't play any of the normally Japanese exclusive games anyway

I also saw the video on Sky3DS' site: is it that easy to reload another game?
i thought you where meaning the industy as in the gaming industry....you know people paying for legit games are less likely to go for a limited flash card...=happy devs....who am i kidding they are never happy

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
That's why i said earlier its better to just buy a 4.1-4.5 (or lower and use a 4.5game to update) than buying 1 or 2 of those supposedly real carts that might get patched on next fw.

It's going to get patched. Anyone thinking it isn't is an idiot. Nintendo won't stand for this, and with the 3DS's upgradable firmware, it'll be shot out of the water in days upon release. Then people who bought it will be stuck on 9.0, like the people on Gateway are stuck on 4.x, except they won't have emunand.

Reactions: Woodbin

Chiejina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is seriously annoying as hell.

1st. It's piracy, don't participate in it if you don't want free games.
2nd. It's going for $65-80 apparently. What is one 3ds game? about $30 to $40 depending on the game.
2 games = $80 or 10 flash card games = $80. You are literally getting 500% value.

Wait for it to come out. Wait to see if Nintendo can block it on newer firmware. Hell, wait to see if it works!

If it can't be blocked, It is most definitely well worth the damn price. It is their product, they can sell it for whatever they want. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

If it does what it's supposed to do, mimic a game cartridge with all a cartridges restriction, it works perfectly. Its meant to do what its meant to do. Don't blast them for the limit. They want to make money. They worked to make the card so you can play cheap ass games. Literally about $8 for a single game and you're complaining? Entitled as it gets. Find your own exploit, learn to code, make your own card, or find a <4.5 DS and use gateway for unlimited games, if you don't like what they're offering.

I'm using gateway, but if this turns out to work without being patchable, of course i'll get it. No waiting for updates, works on all my systems.

Reactions: LeSnake and Pawed

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's going to get patched. Anyone thinking it isn't is an idiot. Nintendo won't stand for this, and with the 3DS's upgradable firmware, it'll be shot out of the water in days upon release. Then people who bought it will be stuck on 9.0, like the people on Gateway are stuck on 4.x, except they won't have emunand.

Yap, Gateway might not be saints but they offer most and it seems Nintendo is that much caring about its users being online, since 4.1-4.5 is finite and will run out sooner or later. Having but if those carts are real Nintendo will whip them hard and we will laugh :P

Theyrealone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, may be an "achievement" but WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO PIRATE?! :angry:

That is all this thing looks like: another piracy device like the R4! Why not work on a home-brew exploit instead of trying to get retail games running on a fake card?!

IMO, this whole thing here is poor form. Never liked piracy, never will, as it feels cheap playing a game on some download cart... :cry:

Isn't homebrew whats sspawn will be used for?(talking about future exploits)

Saying this is just ignoring the fact the n3ds was just released and treating it as the 2ds... Though this is true for the gw users this pirating device is a window of opportunity(for piracy) for a large amount of 3ds's

I do truly think that you are ought not to confuse between gw and sky3ds as they are practicly marketing to 2 different groups in the community.
GW is a working product, and other than that shitty code they put, there is no line of reasoning for current users to transfer over, as it's likely to be a one way trip into a pit draining money(at least for the next while)

This ego fight is truly a waste of human resources and bytes in the forum's storage.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Never liked piracy, never will, as it feels cheap playing a game on some download cart... :cry:

Unfortunately, not only is most of the world poor, but according to actually working economic theory, it's going to keep getting worse. So, we don't care all that much about feeling cheap, no.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theyrealone said: The only sad thing to me, is that I cannot reload old NAND,firmwares... if this gets blocked somehow
You can hardmod the 3DS and that gives you the ability to go backwards to the first Nand version you backup once hardmodded.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nobody has set a price, where are you pulling this $120 figure from? you do realise the more you suggest it the more likely the price will be?! somthing like this with such limitations shouldn't be more then $50.

It's already 80 dollars in China, the resellers in Europe and in the USA might import it.

The price will be probably between 100 and 120 dollars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU