Hacking New 3DS Black screen upon boot

blueyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after deciding to restore my sysnand backup through decrypt9, (the NAND Restore [Keep A9LH] option) and having it restore successfully, I'm no longer able to boot into the home menu screen with my a9lh, it just takes me to a black screen, however i'm still able to load the luma configs like decrypt9, hourglass, or emuand9.

I think perhaps I used the wrong bin files but I was sure I backed up my sysnand to sysnand.bin, although I didn't see any sysnand.bins in my sd root but I did see sysnand_original.bin files that were created near the time I backed up my sysnand so I assumed those were that same bin file which I renamed to SysNAND-A9LHAX.bin and SysNAND-A9LHAX.bin.sha and I used them to restore and I come up with the black screen ;-; Is there any way to troubleshoot this? Can I just restore from a regular backup without keeping a9lh and doing it over? I kept a back up of all my NAND files. I still have the emuNAND_formatted.bin ones too if that helps.

I apologize for the long post i'm just kind of stressing out now that I finally had a9lh on my new 3ds xl system and can't boot into it anymore because of this mistake I made.

Thanks

blueyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm I think according to part 4 of plailect's guide, it was created when I was on 9.2.0 which was a rednand backup which was created right before downgrading to 2.1.0

Last edited by blueyy,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh no sorry, emunand_formatted is the step before 2.1.0 downgrade. Im mistaken. Yes emunand_formatted with keepa9lh option should work.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a 2.1 backup was flashed. Why he would have a backup of that is beyond me. Anyhow, flash whatever backups you have using the keep a9lh option.

Sysnand_original.bin , emunand_original.bin or emunand_formatted.bin

Also check the luma settings by holding select on boot up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@olec04 what kind of an awkward advice was that? If he has really a corrupt nand (hardware wise) then restoring emunand_formatted (which is fw2.1.0 btw) will fullbrick him!

Emunand_formatted.bin should not be 2.1 it should be 11.0.33 formatted.

There is no reason at all to make a backup of 2.1

blueyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much everyone! I went with the first suggestion and used the emunand_formatted one and renamed it to NAND.bin, restored it to sysnand and i'm back into a9lh again! My luma settings are all checked the way they're supposed to be too so that's good =] I think the 2.1 backup was from this NANDS Backups folder I made with this video tutorial, I might've kept it there by accident thinking it was something else

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much everyone! I went with the first suggestion and used the emunand_formatted one and renamed it to NAND.bin, restored it to sysnand and i'm back into a9lh again! My luma settings are all checked the way they're supposed to be too so that's good =] I think the 2.1 backup was from this NANDS Backups folder I made with this video tutorial, I might've kept it there by accident thinking it was something else
Never follow a video, they are often outdated.

blueyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true, i'll stick with plailect's guide for the future. This whole thing happened because of a nnid I was trying to get back onto my new 3ds after using the dsiware downgrade. Once I had a9lh setup, I couldn't sign back into the original nnid i wanted that had ambassador status and my games, so I decided to try restoring my 3ds with that bad bin. Although the nnid is still an issue for me now, I do have the nnid linked to the wii u, if I relinked it that way through wii u only, would I get all of my games and ambassador back along with my friends list?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded