Hardware "New" 3ds and system transfer issue.

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short. I currently have a 4.5 3ds xl to use wioth gateway and a normal 9.2 3ds xl with some games and ambassador files on it. I wish to trade in my normal 3ds xl for the new 3ds xl since gamestop is offer 100 credit and i don;t think i can sell my 3ds xl for that much anyway. Any decent way of transferring my ambassador file off without borrowing a system form my friend? And what is the game transfer limit?

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard gamestop allows you to do the system transfer to the new system right in the store. This is a pre-order, so I'm not exactly sure but I'm sure if you ask someone at gamestop cuz i'm sure they're getting this question asked tons of time.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limit is 5 times per system, no more no less. A transfer TO a system uses a transfer and a transfer FROM a system uses one transfer. So you will be left with 4 transfers per system after complete.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limit is 5 times per system, no more no less. A transfer TO a system uses a transfer and a transfer FROM a system uses one transfer. So you will be left with 4 transfers per system after complete.

they removed the limit. I never heard that but I just googled it and saw in an update it was removed. you can only do it once every 7 days though according to nintendos FAQ

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they removed the limit. I never heard that but I just googled it and saw in an update it was removed. you can only do it once every 7 days though according to nintendos FAQ

Interesting. This is probably only true for New 3DS models. I would think the system transfer limit is hard coded in previous models, but I could be wrong.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Interesting. This is probably only true for New 3DS models. I would think the system transfer limit is hard coded in previous models, but I could be wrong.

Fortunately you are wrong, it works with whatever model. It retroactively changed with an update, which you have to do when you want to system transfer.

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: