"New" 3ds and system transfer issue.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Xellos2099, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Xellos2099
    OP

Xellos2099 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    Long story short. I currently have a 4.5 3ds xl to use wioth gateway and a normal 9.2 3ds xl with some games and ambassador files on it. I wish to trade in my normal 3ds xl for the new 3ds xl since gamestop is offer 100 credit and i don;t think i can sell my 3ds xl for that much anyway. Any decent way of transferring my ambassador file off without borrowing a system form my friend? And what is the game transfer limit?

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    It's all in the manual.

Pip'

3. poisonousj

poisonousj GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2005
    United States
    I heard gamestop allows you to do the system transfer to the new system right in the store. This is a pre-order, so I'm not exactly sure but I'm sure if you ask someone at gamestop cuz i'm sure they're getting this question asked tons of time.

4. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    The limit is 5 times per system, no more no less. A transfer TO a system uses a transfer and a transfer FROM a system uses one transfer. So you will be left with 4 transfers per system after complete.

5. chairsgotoschool

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States

they removed the limit. I never heard that but I just googled it and saw in an update it was removed. you can only do it once every 7 days though according to nintendos FAQ

6. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

Interesting. This is probably only true for New 3DS models. I would think the system transfer limit is hard coded in previous models, but I could be wrong.

7. Koldur

Koldur Virtual Boy Ambassador

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    Fortunately you are wrong, it works with whatever model. It retroactively changed with an update, which you have to do when you want to system transfer.

Maximilious likes this.