Hardware New 2DS XL only works while plugged in

Gonax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi, my 2DS XL screen broke a few months ago and after waiting a month for the new screen, I accidentally swept the four screws of the case, so then I had to open it by melting those four holes with a welding pen, so at the end I had to also replace the housing shell and the four screws (which took me like four months wihout turning on the system).
When I want to turn it on, it only works while plugging the charger, if I unplugge it, the console immediately turns off. What do you think might be the problem?
BTW, sorry if my english is bad, my native language is spanish.

Last edited by Gonax,

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my 2DS XL screen broke a few months ago and after waiting a month for the new screen, I accidentally swept the four screws of the case, so then I had to open it by melting those four holes with a welding pen, so at the end I had to also replace the housing shell and the four screws (which took me like four months wihout turning on the system).
When I want to turn it on, it only works while plugging the charger, if I unplugge it, the console immediately turns off. What do you think might be the problem?
BTW, sorry if my english is bad, I my native language is spanish.
If it turns off really fast, it might the battery that has a problem. What do the charge icon in (2)3ds menu shows up? (Right up) Is it putting the charging icon? And how battery is remaining if you can see it?

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Also, my native language is also Spanish. Maybe you want to speak Spanish better?
Please do check the rules. It states that this is an English speaking community, and every posts should be made in legible English only. :)

BTW, sorry if my english is bad, I my native language is spanish.

I would probably check the battery first and foremost, You might have damaged the battery cable with welding pen or simply disconnected the cable while replacing the screen.

It is reassuring that it does work without problems when plugged in- you might've had other SMD parts damaged which would further complicate the problem.

Gonax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If it turns off really fast, it might the battery that has a problem. What do the charge icon in (2)3ds menu shows up? (Right up) Is it putting the charging icon? And how battery is remaining if you can see it?
It shows the charging icon and here is a picture of the battery

Attachments

• IMG_20220601_140414.jpg
    IMG_20220601_140414.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • Battery status.jpg
    Battery status.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48

Gonax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I would probably check the battery first and foremost, You might have damaged the battery cable with welding pen or simply disconnected the cable while replacing the screen.

It is reassuring that it does work without problems when plugged in- you might've had other SMD parts damaged which would further complicate the problem.
Are you referring to the red cable? It looks fine to me.
I got confused when I said I melted the four holes, actually I only melted two holes, the ones that are near the L and R buttons, the other two I managed to removed the screws wihout having to melt them.
The console works fine wihout problems when plugged in.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 47
  • Melted hole 1.jpg
    Melted hole 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • Melted hole 2.jpg
    Melted hole 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by Gonax,

Gonax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It is very obviously the battery.
I have a plethora of laptops with damaged batteries that only work when plugged in.
Check if you melted the battery connectors or soldered it somehow it somehow. If not, replace the battery. Simple.
It didn't even work while plugged in when I replaced the old battery with a new one, It seemed like it didn't detect the new battery.

Attachments

• Old battery.mp4
    9.3 MB
  • New Battery.mp4
    6.5 MB
Last edited by Gonax,

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It shows the charging icon and here is a picture of the battery
If you have a charger or device to test your battery, you should, but I think that the battery
Are you referring to the red cable? It looks fine to me.
I forgot to mention that I only melted two holes, the ones that are near the L and R buttons, the other two I could removed the screws wihout trying to melt them.
I already tried with a new battery but it doesn't work even when plugged in.
Is the yellow charging icon is viewable while plugging new battery? If yes wait a bit for the battery to charge and power again. But else if it's not working it's the internal wires or battery stand that is unfonctionnal

Gonax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If you have a charger or device to test your battery, you should, but I think that the battery
Is the yellow charging icon is viewable while plugging new battery? If yes wait a bit for the battery to charge and power again. But else if it's not working it's the internal wires or battery stand that is unfonctionnal
This is a video with the new battery, the yellow light turns on and after seconds it turns off, I tried to power on and it doesn't work.
Maybe is something internal, I got a multimeter but I don't know what to analize, here are two pictures of the motherboard.-

Attachments

• New Battery.mp4
    6.5 MB
  • IMG_20220503_224258.jpg
    IMG_20220503_224258.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220601_135613.jpg
    IMG_20220601_135613.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by Gonax,

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a video with the new battery, the yellow light turns on and after seconds it turns off, I tried to power on and it doesn't work.
Maybe is something internal, I got a multimeter but I don't know what to analize, here are two pictures of the motherboard.-
Align to the - and + to try the multimeter for the battery, just use the + and - and for internal you use upper and downer silver thing ( you can align the battery to know exactly)

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds to me like the fuse for charging/battery is blown. Check continuity for every component on the board with "FX" marking where X is a number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before