Homebrew New 2DS XL (11.5) Homebrew Question

inSaiyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a few questions that I can't seem to find specific to the New 2DS XL.
Some info about my scenario:
- I'm using Steelhax (installed it using RPGhax or rpwng)
- My console is from Australia, so it's EU(?)

Questions:
1. Is it normal for my console to freeze with with a RED bottom screen and BLACK top screen whenever I close a homebrew app.
Example: I exit out of PKSM or JK's Save Manager and the freeze happens. Only way to get out of it is by holding the power button to shutdown the console.

2. Is it normal for my console to get an error message when I leave the homebrew menu without opening any homebrew apps, and when I reopen Steel Diver, both top and bottom screen freezes with a black screen.
Error message says: "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, then restart the system."
Example: I open Steel Diver to get to the homebrew menu, exit out of it back to the 2DS Home Menu receiving an error message, and reopen Steel Diver to encounter the double black screen freeze.

Please ask me any questions if there's any confusion.
Thanks in advance for anybody reading this!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a few questions that I can't seem to find specific to the New 2DS XL.
Some info about my scenario:
- I'm using Steelhax (installed it using RPGhax or rpwng)
- My console is from Australia, so it's EU(?)

Questions:
1. Is it normal for my console to freeze with with a RED bottom screen and BLACK top screen whenever I close a homebrew app.
Example: I exit out of PKSM or JK's Save Manager and the freeze happens. Only way to get out of it is by holding the power button to shutdown the console.

2. Is it normal for my console to get an error message when I leave the homebrew menu without opening any homebrew apps, and when I reopen Steel Diver, both top and bottom screen freezes with a black screen.
Error message says: "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, then restart the system."
Example: I open Steel Diver to get to the homebrew menu, exit out of it back to the 2DS Home Menu receiving an error message, and reopen Steel Diver to encounter the double black screen freeze.

Please ask me any questions if there's any confusion.
Thanks in advance for anybody reading this!
For #1, that is a bug ive seen since the release of RPwnG. Dont think there is a fix yet for it

For #2, this seems to be a thing that once you load a hax to the 3ds system. It tends to throw everything off if you try to load it a second time without reseting the console fully. Whether this is done with steelhax or a different hax entrypoint, I've seen this happen with my 3ds without resetting it.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

inSaiyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For #1, that is a bug ive seen since the release of RPwnG. Dont think there is a fix yet for it

For #2, this seems to be a thing that once you load a hax to the 3ds system. It tends to throw everything off if you try to load it a second time without reseting the console fully. Whether this is done with steelhax or a different hax entrypoint, I've seen this happen with my 3ds without resetting it.
Awesome, that was a quick reply. Thanks for the info, now I can rest assured knowing I can't do anything about it xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_