New: 1405 - Personal Data Assistant for GBA (U)

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this really useful? We could just get a pdrom couldn't we? It would be about the same size. I wonder why they releasesed it. Is it good though? If it is then onto my flash cart it shall GO!!!
tongue.gif

shingyau

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't know about you lot, but I can't seem to save any text files. Nice idea, bute Dante Advance is still the best since you can paste text files into the .sav

shingyau

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, the save file from Dante advance is unecrypted and uncompressed so you can create a text file, format it according to the guidelines and flash it to the sram of your cart. You can then edit in on the move on your GBA, upload the .sav to your HD and open the save file in notepad.

Goku644

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't know about you lot, but I can't seem to save any text files. Nice idea, bute Dante Advance is still the best since you can paste text files into the .sav
When you are flashing it to your flash card, you got to have the save type as 64k, if you are using it on Visual Boy Advance, then it won't save at all?

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm so basically this is a pogoshell for non f2a users?????? i have pogoshell so i dont need this, but then again maby its soemthing different??? seems interesting but nothing i need, although the calculator seems tempting lol but i dont need it

Dee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trimmed the ROM to 2Mb, and burned it to my EZFA with 64k RAM. Everything works except being able to set the time (well... and the less-than-perfect-accuracy calculator...).

BTW, this is not a shell like Pogoshell. Think of it as the equivalent to those $10 RatShack "personal organizers" you can buy. Yeah you're not going to use it to get a man on the moon, but it's semi-useful. Hell most modern cell-phones have the same functionality as this ROM...
biggrin.gif

Red

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
To end the size discussion: You can trim this to 354912 bytes without loosing a bit.

There still is a lot debug-info and error-messages in it. So you might trim it some more.

shingyau

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doesn't save on emulator? weird that, which completely spoils messing around with the sav files for import/export testing.

I managed to trim it down to 346kb without any problems. I daresay it could go more - like Red said, there are a lot of sysinfo error messages that could probably be taken out too to make it smaller.

Great idea for an app, but I still think that Dante Advance just has more uses going for it.

(Z)

The SAVE creator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi all,

At first, Personal Data Assistant for GBA use a NEW SRAM save !!! Clock will be work only on ORIGINAL cartrige (FTB >>> FLASH-TIME-BATERY), some NEW flashcard will be supported FTB than you need a FTB-FIX for this ROM (comming soon) ...
(Z) will be create SAVE with all GBA CHEATS, FAQ's, PASSWORDS etc. ...

Description:

Password - Includes your own private password so that no one else can view your private entries!
Pocket Notes - Type your own notes, memos, letters, messages and more using the simple program which works like Microsoft "word". Cut, paste, edit, save, delete just like a computer!
File Transfer - Transfer Any pocket notes or address book files from one pda to another pda using any gba link cable. Now transfer notes with friends, save information on your GBA and transfer it to another persons GBA!
Pocket Scheduler - Use our program to keep a Daily , Weekly, or Monthly schedule. Have our Scheduler remind you of important appointments or dates through out the day,week or year!
Pocket Calendar - View any Calendar day or month of the year so you can keep track of important dates!
World Time & Clock - Keep track of world time anywhere in the world and of course use the built in clock to see what time it is where you are!
Pocket Calculator - Converts your GBA into a pocket calculator with addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, advance funcions and memory!
Address Book - Keeps track of Names, Addresses, Tel. and Email addresses of all your important friends.
Desktop Music and sound effects - customize your desktop and personalize it on your own way.
pers.gif

That is !!!

mfg
(Z)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc