New: 1405 - Personal Data Assistant for GBA (U)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TmP_stryk, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Mac2492

Mac2492 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 21, 2003
    United States
    Is this really useful? We could just get a pdrom couldn't we? It would be about the same size. I wonder why they releasesed it. Is it good though? If it is then onto my flash cart it shall GO!!! [​IMG]

2. Goku644

Goku644 Advanced Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Downunder ;-)
    Just wondering what the save size was, because Ezfa_client doesn't pick it up?

3. Akiraro

Akiraro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2003
    Canada
    The calculator is not very good. Simply try 10 / 3 x 3, you will get 9.99 instead of 10. No good [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Goku644

Goku644 Advanced Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Downunder ;-)
    People are B!tching about this on irc, that is itsn't an offical release.
    They said that because it not a comerical rom, it should be an XXXX release.

5. Mac2492

Mac2492 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 21, 2003
    United States
    Too bad, it's a bit late. I think they could still change it, but it would be a little weird.

6. shingyau

shingyau GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    Morden
    don't know about you lot, but I can't seem to save any text files. Nice idea, bute Dante Advance is still the best since you can paste text files into the .sav

7. Mac2492

Mac2492 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 21, 2003
    United States
    I don't get it, paste text files into the sav?

WEE!!!! I'm an advance member!!

8. shingyau

shingyau GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    Morden
    yeah, the save file from Dante advance is unecrypted and uncompressed so you can create a text file, format it according to the guidelines and flash it to the sram of your cart. You can then edit in on the move on your GBA, upload the .sav to your HD and open the save file in notepad.

9. Goku644

Goku644 Advanced Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Downunder ;-)
    When you are flashing it to your flash card, you got to have the save type as 64k, if you are using it on Visual Boy Advance, then it won't save at all?

10. esrion

esrion Poetic Spammer of Justice

Oct 26, 2002
    Taiwan
    hmm, strange. you uys are saying that it trims to 8Mb?
    but the board still has it as 256Mb.

someone check this out?

11. bolton2

bolton2 bolton2

Oct 25, 2002
    United States
    Everywhere and Nowhere :P
    hmm so basically this is a pogoshell for non f2a users?????? i have pogoshell so i dont need this, but then again maby its soemthing different??? seems interesting but nothing i need, although the calculator seems tempting lol but i dont need it

12. Dee

Dee Advanced Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Canada
    Trimmed the ROM to 2Mb, and burned it to my EZFA with 64k RAM. Everything works except being able to set the time (well... and the less-than-perfect-accuracy calculator...).

BTW, this is not a shell like Pogoshell. Think of it as the equivalent to those $10 RatShack "personal organizers" you can buy. Yeah you're not going to use it to get a man on the moon, but it's semi-useful. Hell most modern cell-phones have the same functionality as this ROM... [​IMG]

13. Red

Red Suspended

Suspended
    Oct 24, 2002
    To end the size discussion: You can trim this to 354912 bytes without loosing a bit.

There still is a lot debug-info and error-messages in it. So you might trim it some more.

14. Fusion

Fusion On/Off GBA-Temp'er

Nov 7, 2002
    It only works down to 4Mbit.

On 2Mbit the rom dont even start.

15. Dee

Dee Advanced Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Canada
    As I mentioned above trimming to 2Mbit works for me. I'm using the PiLGRiMs release, are you perhaps using the INDian release?

16. shingyau

shingyau GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    Morden
    doesn't save on emulator? weird that, which completely spoils messing around with the sav files for import/export testing.

I managed to trim it down to 346kb without any problems. I daresay it could go more - like Red said, there are a lot of sysinfo error messages that could probably be taken out too to make it smaller.

Great idea for an app, but I still think that Dante Advance just has more uses going for it.

17. (Z)

(Z) The SAVE creator

Feb 4, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Hi all,

At first, Personal Data Assistant for GBA use a NEW SRAM save !!! Clock will be work only on ORIGINAL cartrige (FTB >>> FLASH-TIME-BATERY), some NEW flashcard will be supported FTB than you need a FTB-FIX for this ROM (comming soon) ...
    (Z) will be create SAVE with all GBA CHEATS, FAQ's, PASSWORDS etc. ...

Description:

Password - Includes your own private password so that no one else can view your private entries!
    Pocket Notes - Type your own notes, memos, letters, messages and more using the simple program which works like Microsoft "word". Cut, paste, edit, save, delete just like a computer!
    File Transfer - Transfer Any pocket notes or address book files from one pda to another pda using any gba link cable. Now transfer notes with friends, save information on your GBA and transfer it to another persons GBA!
    Pocket Scheduler - Use our program to keep a Daily , Weekly, or Monthly schedule. Have our Scheduler remind you of important appointments or dates through out the day,week or year!
    Pocket Calendar - View any Calendar day or month of the year so you can keep track of important dates!
    World Time & Clock - Keep track of world time anywhere in the world and of course use the built in clock to see what time it is where you are!
    Pocket Calculator - Converts your GBA into a pocket calculator with addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, advance funcions and memory!
    Address Book - Keeps track of Names, Addresses, Tel. and Email addresses of all your important friends.
    Desktop Music and sound effects - customize your desktop and personalize it on your own way.
    [​IMG]
    That is !!!

mfg
    (Z)

18. BuLLiT

BuLLiT Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2004
    Cool, but what can you do with it..?

19. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2003
    I don't know! Maybe you could, uh, use it for the stuff in the description?

Just a thought, you know.

20. GouK

GouK GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2002
    ROFLMAO [​IMG]