New: 1381 - Famicom Mini 01 Super Mario Bros (J)

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
new.gif
1381 - Famicom Mini 01 Super Mario Bros JAPAN 32Mbit (AKSM)

supermariobros_1.PNG
supermariobros_2.PNG

Languages: Japanese.
Save Type: EEPROM_V124
NOTE: PLAYABLE ON HARDWARE ONLY[/p]

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Frankly I Really Shouldn't Tell People Oceans Smell Tasty

Yes! They are finally coming out!

This is going to be a very sweet collection. Yes, I know you can play them already with the emulator, but there's just something having them all on seperate roms that, just cool.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
depending on the price of the games, if they're good enough I may buy a few, my gba hasn't been used in a while
wink.gif

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok so will this work on my flashcard and save or can it be trimmed down alot or no?
yes they will work.
size can be stripped alot, super mario goes from 32mb to 25mb and xevious from 32mb to 1.50mb (!)
save shoudl work fine but i remember one of them has eepromv124 so i guess youll need the gbatemp patcher.

just tried out all three and it was quite fun. but as i own a gp32 i will play nes there, screen is bigger and i have 2x 128mb space lol...

but anyway can someone tell me what to in the menu of the games (l+r) to save the game, i cant speak jap.
laugh.gif

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so will this work on my flashcard and save or can it be trimmed down alot or no?
yes they will work.
size can be stripped alot, super mario goes from 32mb to 25mb and xevious from 32mb to 1.50mb (!)
save shoudl work fine but i remember one of them has eepromv124 so i guess youll need the gbatemp patcher.

just tried out all three and it was quite fun. but as i own a gp32 i will play nes there, screen is bigger and i have 2x 128mb space lol...

but anyway can someone tell me what to in the menu of the games (l+r) to save the game, i cant speak jap.
laugh.gif
just try hitting all the buttons lol i dont think there is a delete flash card save button, but i cant read jap either so i wouldnt know lol

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bugger...*regrets fiddling about with the L+R menu*.

L+R Menu
Continue
Reset
Link (I think...i.e. send the game to another GBA like in Pocket NES)
Save (?) (Something to do with saves - Read bottom of post).
Sleep (L+R+Select to restore)

Oh and why don't these games truncate down very well...I'm suprised Nintendo used 32mb carts in the first place but well look at it like this - Super Mario Bros on the NES was 40kb, this version truncates down to 3.16MB, bah. No there isn't any extra games or levels or anything, just that stupid save deleting L+R menu.
Anyway Super Mario Bros truncates to 3.16MB, Ice Climbers truncates down to 3.14MB and Xevious down to 1MB. Ugh... I'll be sticking with Pocket NES.

mad.gif

p.s About saves... Although the games didn't have battery backup to being with, there is some weird option something to do with saves. Press it and it'll delete all your saves in your first bank (Ugh... bye bye my Metroid Zero Mission save along with all my other saves on Pogoshell in the first bank, *cries*
frown.gif
), however if you patch it with the EEPROM v124 patcher (other EEPROM v124 games work fine on my cart...) and press the button, a save file will be made...as to what use it actually has though I don't know yet; from experimenting it doesn't look like it's some sort of save slate mode and reloading the game gives no option to use this game...Hmm.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*yawn* Ok, the way I see it, these Famicom Mini games coincide with the "anniversary" GBA SP "famicom" theme skin... way to go Nintendo, cancel the hardware, but let spirit of NES "possess" the GBA and the games "live on" to newer consoles..
rolleyes.gif

This just makes me realize how severely dated these games are now and makes it questionable what attracted them to me in the first place compared to games today..

anyway, I thought e-card was the way to go "retro..." is it not earning enough on its own?
tongue.gif

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bugger...*regrets fiddling about with the L+R menu*.

L+R Menu
Continue
Reset
Link (I think...i.e. send the game to another GBA like in Pocket NES)
Save (?) (Something to do with saves - Read bottom of post).
Sleep (L+R+Select to restore)

Oh and why don't these games truncate down very well...I'm suprised Nintendo used 32mb carts in the first place but well look at it like this - Super Mario Bros on the NES was 40kb, this version truncates down to 3.16MB, bah. No there isn't any extra games or levels or anything, just that stupid save deleting L+R menu.
Anyway Super Mario Bros truncates to 3.16MB, Ice Climbers truncates down to 3.14MB and Xevious down to 1MB. Ugh... I'll be sticking with Pocket NES.

mad.gif

p.s About saves... Although the games didn't have battery backup to being with, there is some weird option something to do with saves. Press it and it'll delete all your saves in your first bank (Ugh... bye bye my Metroid Zero Mission save along with all my other saves on Pogoshell in the first bank, *cries*
frown.gif
), however if you patch it with the EEPROM v124 patcher (other EEPROM v124 games work fine on my cart...) and press the button, a save file will be made...as to what use it actually has though I don't know yet; from experimenting it doesn't look like it's some sort of save slate mode and reloading the game gives no option to use this game...Hmm.
ouch sorry to hear that, but in the post before my question someoen told me to eeprom 124 patch it lol good thing it did, cause my savs are still there lol, i have tripple backups of all my savs anyway, but ouch man sorry to hear that hopefully you have backups it slot 2 and 3 or a backup on the internet. anyway bottom line, this looks like pocketnes flat out, they even copied the l plus r menu thing lol, for instance when you crouch down, thier face looks a little glitched, and when you get big the face looks glitched, it looks like pokcet nes in scaled mode lol, i wonder if they used similiar software lol

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*yawn* Ok, the way I see it, these Famicom Mini games coincide with the "anniversary" GBA SP "famicom" theme skin... way to go Nintendo, cancel the hardware, but let spirit of NES "possess" the GBA and the games "live on" to newer consoles..Â
rolleyes.gif

This just makes me realize how severely dated these games are now and makes it questionable what attracted them to me in the first place compared to games today..

anyway, I thought e-card was the way to go "retro..." is it not earning enough on its own?Â
tongue.gif
I don't know where you live but here in the US, you can't find an E-Reader for your life.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ouch sorry to hear that, but in the post before my question someoen told me to eeprom 124 patch it lol good thing it did, cause my savs are still there lol, i have tripple backups of all my savs anyway, but ouch man sorry to hear that hopefully you have backups it slot 2 and 3 or a backup on the internet. anyway bottom line, this looks like pocketnes flat out, they even copied the l plus r menu thing lol, for instance when you crouch down, thier face looks a little glitched, and when you get big the face looks glitched, it looks like pokcet nes in scaled mode lol, i wonder if they used similiar software lol
EEPROM v124 games have saved fine for me in the past, so I didn't think I would need to do it now. Oh and I only found out they even had a save type after I tried them and chucked them in a GBA toolkit.

As regards the sprite squashing, by the looks of things the mains character sprites are squashed down like the rest of the game, except on some occasions...little Mario looks normal for example...meh. But yeah looks like Pocket NES.

Oh and BTW anyone know if games might be overdumps...I can size fix the games down to 256k each (no option to try anything lower on the program I'm using) and they seem to work fine on hardware. On VBA it comes up with a bios error...I tried using a GBA bios (dunno if it was real or a hack or not) but it still didn't work (black screen). Hmm...

smile.gif

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought Nintendo would use a cool scaling method on this series of games, or atleast make the sprites unscaled, but they don't. It's just like PocketNES's scaling mode. Mario's head is all squished and it looks like crap. Big Mario's face is caved in and little Mario seems to have no neck!
laugh.gif
What a waste.

Chrono1102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help. When I put all 3 games into my F2A, my F2A loader screen gets messed up. I get Ice Climber 4 Times (01-04) Super Mario Bros 4 Time (05-08) and Xevious only once. so that makes 9 blocks of data on my list. pleas help me on this ASAP. Oh and just to be SURE the shrunken mario head thing is a defect in the game bieng emulated from NES to GBASP right? Or have I gone crazy?
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over