New: 1381 - Famicom Mini 01 Super Mario Bros (J)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Feb 14, 2004.

Feb 14, 2004
  1. T-hug
    OP

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG] 1381 - Famicom Mini 01 Super Mario Bros JAPAN 32Mbit (AKSM)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Languages: Japanese.
    Save Type: EEPROM_V124
    NOTE: PLAYABLE ON HARDWARE ONLY[/p]

2. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Frankly I Really Shouldn't Tell People Oceans Smell Tasty

Yes! They are finally coming out!

This is going to be a very sweet collection. Yes, I know you can play them already with the emulator, but there's just something having them all on seperate roms that, just cool.

3. mukimuki

Member mukimuki GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    i really hope for the price nintendo have seen fit to put something extra in there other than the original game...

4. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    depending on the price of the games, if they're good enough I may buy a few, my gba hasn't been used in a while [​IMG]

5. Magus

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

Featured Posts:
    [OT] LOL undercover moderator? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [end OT]

6. bolton2

Member bolton2 bolton2

Featured Posts:
    United States
    ok so will this work on my flashcard and save or can it be trimmed down alot or no?

7. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    shhhhhhhh! It's kinda hush hush if you know what I mean

*winks VERY slowly*

8. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    yes they will work.
    size can be stripped alot, super mario goes from 32mb to 25mb and xevious from 32mb to 1.50mb (!)
    save shoudl work fine but i remember one of them has eepromv124 so i guess youll need the gbatemp patcher.

just tried out all three and it was quite fun. but as i own a gp32 i will play nes there, screen is bigger and i have 2x 128mb space lol...

but anyway can someone tell me what to in the menu of the games (l+r) to save the game, i cant speak jap. [​IMG]

9. bolton2

Member bolton2 bolton2

Featured Posts:
    United States
    just try hitting all the buttons lol i dont think there is a delete flash card save button, but i cant read jap either so i wouldnt know lol

10. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Bugger...*regrets fiddling about with the L+R menu*.

L+R Menu
    Continue
    Reset
    Link (I think...i.e. send the game to another GBA like in Pocket NES)
    Save (?) (Something to do with saves - Read bottom of post).
    Sleep (L+R+Select to restore)

Oh and why don't these games truncate down very well...I'm suprised Nintendo used 32mb carts in the first place but well look at it like this - Super Mario Bros on the NES was 40kb, this version truncates down to 3.16MB, bah. No there isn't any extra games or levels or anything, just that stupid save deleting L+R menu.
    Anyway Super Mario Bros truncates to 3.16MB, Ice Climbers truncates down to 3.14MB and Xevious down to 1MB. Ugh... I'll be sticking with Pocket NES.

[​IMG]

p.s About saves... Although the games didn't have battery backup to being with, there is some weird option something to do with saves. Press it and it'll delete all your saves in your first bank (Ugh... bye bye my Metroid Zero Mission save along with all my other saves on Pogoshell in the first bank, *cries* [​IMG] ), however if you patch it with the EEPROM v124 patcher (other EEPROM v124 games work fine on my cart...) and press the button, a save file will be made...as to what use it actually has though I don't know yet; from experimenting it doesn't look like it's some sort of save slate mode and reloading the game gives no option to use this game...Hmm.

11. stivsama

Member stivsama GBA-Tenchan

Featured Posts:
    *yawn* Ok, the way I see it, these Famicom Mini games coincide with the "anniversary" GBA SP "famicom" theme skin... way to go Nintendo, cancel the hardware, but let spirit of NES "possess" the GBA and the games "live on" to newer consoles.. [​IMG]

This just makes me realize how severely dated these games are now and makes it questionable what attracted them to me in the first place compared to games today..

anyway, I thought e-card was the way to go "retro..." is it not earning enough on its own? [​IMG]

12. Cutman

Member Cutman GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    [​IMG] That was nice.

13. bolton2

Member bolton2 bolton2

Featured Posts:
    United States
    ouch sorry to hear that, but in the post before my question someoen told me to eeprom 124 patch it lol good thing it did, cause my savs are still there lol, i have tripple backups of all my savs anyway, but ouch man sorry to hear that hopefully you have backups it slot 2 and 3 or a backup on the internet. anyway bottom line, this looks like pocketnes flat out, they even copied the l plus r menu thing lol, for instance when you crouch down, thier face looks a little glitched, and when you get big the face looks glitched, it looks like pokcet nes in scaled mode lol, i wonder if they used similiar software lol

14. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I don't know where you live but here in the US, you can't find an E-Reader for your life.

15. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    EEPROM v124 games have saved fine for me in the past, so I didn't think I would need to do it now. Oh and I only found out they even had a save type after I tried them and chucked them in a GBA toolkit.

As regards the sprite squashing, by the looks of things the mains character sprites are squashed down like the rest of the game, except on some occasions...little Mario looks normal for example...meh. But yeah looks like Pocket NES.

Oh and BTW anyone know if games might be overdumps...I can size fix the games down to 256k each (no option to try anything lower on the program I'm using) and they seem to work fine on hardware. On VBA it comes up with a bios error...I tried using a GBA bios (dunno if it was real or a hack or not) but it still didn't work (black screen). Hmm...

[​IMG]

16. Jojjy Ugnick

Member Jojjy Ugnick shake your bonbon

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    I thought Nintendo would use a cool scaling method on this series of games, or atleast make the sprites unscaled, but they don't. It's just like PocketNES's scaling mode. Mario's head is all squished and it looks like crap. Big Mario's face is caved in and little Mario seems to have no neck! [​IMG] What a waste.

17. Sharkhelm

Member Sharkhelm Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    So, what exactly is keeping these games from ebing played on emulators? I'd play it on a flashcart but mine arrives next Saturday... [​IMG]

18. Wolfsclaw

Member Wolfsclaw GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    nobody actually knows.... maybe forgotten will add support for this stuff in further releases [​IMG]

19. el_venga

Member el_venga Handhelds Lover

Featured Posts:
    Dominican Republic
    it is just support. dont worry, BTW i prefer pocketnes too, these ones take more space.

20. Chrono1102

Newcomer Chrono1102 Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Please help. When I put all 3 games into my F2A, my F2A loader screen gets messed up. I get Ice Climber 4 Times (01-04) Super Mario Bros 4 Time (05-08) and Xevious only once. so that makes 9 blocks of data on my list. pleas help me on this ASAP. Oh and just to be SURE the shrunken mario head thing is a defect in the game bieng emulated from NES to GBASP right? Or have I gone crazy? [​IMG]