New: 1255 - Minna No Mahjong (J)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TmP_stryk, Nov 12, 2003.

Nov 12, 2003
  1. TmP_stryk
    OP

Member TmP_stryk Still I Rise™

Featured Posts:
    United States
    [​IMG] 1255 - Minna No Mahjong JAP 32 Mbits (Rising Sun)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Languages: Japanese
    Save Type : EEPROM_V124[/p]

2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    another Mahjong game? ug... [​IMG] dont get me wrong Ive always found Mahjong quite entertaining but how many different ways can they market the same old game? @.@

3. ACaed

Member ACaed GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Hey, I like Mahjongg games... Playin' shanghai right now...

4. ACaed

Member ACaed GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Lesee...Acaed's predictions are:

1256 - Sanrio Puroland All Characters (J)

1257 - Zooo (J)

Just predictions...I've been right so far, though.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, ronin. I meant to hit edit but hit 'new post' instead. Ah well. No need to sound so harsh, my friend...

5. ronin_in_tears

Member ronin_in_tears .:|pr0n$t4r|:.

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    @ Acaed : There is a edit button on your very right, i advice you to use it next time.

6. ronin_in_tears

Member ronin_in_tears .:|pr0n$t4r|:.

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    Sorry if you took it that way. No harm done i hope.

Just be sure to hit the right button next time [​IMG]

Not the one i punched this time around [​IMG]

Edit : The joke's on the edit button, so i just edited my joke.

~ronin~

7. walkir

Member walkir Child of Darkness

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    I like the real Mahjong game, but most ppl seem to get it mixed up with the solitaire called Shanghai.
    Don't think that I've ever seen an English version of a real Mahjong on any platform.

Pretty hard to understand though if you can't read chinese signs. I can almost count to ten in chinese, but I usually have a small slip of paper with the meaning of the different signs.

*pong*

8. hydrelisk

hydrelisk Newbie

generally we get an alone-version of mahjong, this one seems to be the real game (4 players) so it must be better (if u know any 4 players mahjong game in english tell me : i don't know the right rules and i want to learn them)
    moreover don't forget that mahjong games are popular because they are often kinda... hot. (i don't think gba ones are like that but on many systems there are sexy mahjong games)

9. huydat

Newcomer huydat Newbie

Featured Posts:
    United States
    There is a real version of Mahjong that runs on Windows. One of the few games that I've actually purchase... Go to www.ninedragons.com. It's a great game for those who like to play. Oh, one of the other games I've purchased is Typing of the Dead. NICE game!

-TT-

10. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Featured Posts:
    Switzerland
    It depends what version of Mahjongg this is... if it's the old traditional one it's ok... the hong kong version is not that much my thing but I think it's the hong kong version.

11. walkir

Member walkir Child of Darkness

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    I know the rules... kinda...

Think of Mah Joong as a chinese card game, with three kinds of suits (bamboo, circles, billions), dragons, seasons, winds and flowers.

Flowers sort of a joker, where you get to pick a card from the bottom of the pile (and get extra points in the end). So if you get a flower, you just put it in front of you and take another tile.

To win the game, you have to get either three (or four) of a kind or straights and a pair.

The get the most possible points in the game you shouldn't mix the three suits and avoid getting straights (since they don't give you any points). So it's wise to try to collect one of the suits, get a pair of dragons and your own wind.

When I play, I usually don't care about the wind, since I find it quite confusing.

If another player puts a tile on the table that you want, you either say "pong" (three of a kind) or "kong" (four of a kind).
    To make a straight, you have to get the tile from the person just before you.

Also, if you make another player win, by "giving" him/her a tile you lose bigtime (depending on how big the winner scores).

Hope this is some sort of help to you [​IMG]

12. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Featured Posts:
    Switzerland
    Was the entire show in brief form... hehe... haven't played a long time... oh well... if you take all the possible 'hands' into account you can make your head explode... hehe.

13. Prone

Newcomer Prone Newbie

Featured Posts:
    United States
    From my limited experience as a kid watching my relatives play Mah Jong, isn't it just like Rummy? And you don't really don't need to know the characters on the tiles...you could probably make it through just by matching things together!...heh.

14. esrion

Member esrion Poetic Spammer of Justice

Featured Posts:
    Taiwan
    actually, i think every culture (locale) has slightly different MJ rules. this game is almost definitely playing by Japanese rules (duh), but HK and TW rules are probably probably used by more people. well, because they have more people. i'm not so sure about MJ elsewhere. anyone want to share their grandma's playing book?

the above three actually are kind of similar, so if you can play one, you can probably play the other, but they do have different patterns and sets, which earn different points and stuff.