OP
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
new.gif
1255 - Minna No Mahjong JAP 32 Mbits (Rising Sun)

1255.PNG
1255-2.PNG

Languages: Japanese
Save Type : EEPROM_V124[/p]

ACaed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lesee...Acaed's predictions are:

1256 - Sanrio Puroland All Characters (J)

1257 - Zooo (J)

Just predictions...I've been right so far, though.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, ronin. I meant to hit edit but hit 'new post' instead. Ah well. No need to sound so harsh, my friend...

ronin_in_tears

.:|pr0n$t4r|:.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: Yeah, sorry, ronin. I meant to hit edit but hit 'new post' instead. Ah well. No need to sound so harsh, my friend...

Sorry if you took it that way. No harm done i hope.

Just be sure to hit the right button next time
smile.gif

Not the one i punched this time around
laugh.gif

Edit : The joke's on the edit button, so i just edited my joke.

~ronin~

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the real Mahjong game, but most ppl seem to get it mixed up with the solitaire called Shanghai.
Don't think that I've ever seen an English version of a real Mahjong on any platform.

Pretty hard to understand though if you can't read chinese signs. I can almost count to ten in chinese, but I usually have a small slip of paper with the meaning of the different signs.

*pong*

H

hydrelisk

another Mahjong game? ug...
sleep.gif
dont get me wrong Ive always found Mahjong quite entertaining but how many different ways can they market the same old game? @.@
generally we get an alone-version of mahjong, this one seems to be the real game (4 players) so it must be better (if u know any 4 players mahjong game in english tell me : i don't know the right rules and i want to learn them)
moreover don't forget that mahjong games are popular because they are often kinda... hot. (i don't think gba ones are like that but on many systems there are sexy mahjong games)

huydat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a real version of Mahjong that runs on Windows. One of the few games that I've actually purchase... Go to www.ninedragons.com. It's a great game for those who like to play. Oh, one of the other games I've purchased is Typing of the Dead. NICE game!

-TT-

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
It depends what version of Mahjongg this is... if it's the old traditional one it's ok... the hong kong version is not that much my thing but I think it's the hong kong version.

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know the right rules and i want to learn them
I know the rules... kinda...

Think of Mah Joong as a chinese card game, with three kinds of suits (bamboo, circles, billions), dragons, seasons, winds and flowers.

Flowers sort of a joker, where you get to pick a card from the bottom of the pile (and get extra points in the end). So if you get a flower, you just put it in front of you and take another tile.

To win the game, you have to get either three (or four) of a kind or straights and a pair.

The get the most possible points in the game you shouldn't mix the three suits and avoid getting straights (since they don't give you any points). So it's wise to try to collect one of the suits, get a pair of dragons and your own wind.

When I play, I usually don't care about the wind, since I find it quite confusing.

If another player puts a tile on the table that you want, you either say "pong" (three of a kind) or "kong" (four of a kind).
To make a straight, you have to get the tile from the person just before you.

Also, if you make another player win, by "giving" him/her a tile you lose bigtime (depending on how big the winner scores).

Hope this is some sort of help to you
biggrin.gif

Prone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my limited experience as a kid watching my relatives play Mah Jong, isn't it just like Rummy? And you don't really don't need to know the characters on the tiles...you could probably make it through just by matching things together!...heh.

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
actually, i think every culture (locale) has slightly different MJ rules. this game is almost definitely playing by Japanese rules (duh), but HK and TW rules are probably probably used by more people. well, because they have more people. i'm not so sure about MJ elsewhere. anyone want to share their grandma's playing book?

the above three actually are kind of similar, so if you can play one, you can probably play the other, but they do have different patterns and sets, which earn different points and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER