New: 1145 - Freekstyle (U)

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game could have been better on three counts.

1. Non password save

2. What's with the heavy, obscure rock music?
Is that the theme of IRL Freekstyle like competitions?
A coupla skate/ska/surf punk would have put a little more "on" into my game..

3. Gah! More tricks! I was sposed to be FREEKED!
laugh.gif

Vizenzo

Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
The controls is the following... sorry for my english.....
if you press L 1 twice there a trick.. if you push 2.. another.... 3 another.... if you combine L+R+L for example there is a trick..... only is combinations there no need to push the D-pad during a trick only the L & R ....
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

mxmai

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i agree with the "three improvements"...

-the music (although it's good to have in game music) isn't really my style

-there only seem to be about five tricks

-password save is a bit lame (but the passwords are easy to remember, so it's not such a big deal).

other than that it's a pretty fun game, one of those ones you can just pick up and have a quick play around with, and you don't need to get too involved. i wonder if the multiplayer's any good?

Also, has anybody worked out anything about boost or turbo? There's a little thing in the bottom left corner and each rider has a "boost" level, but i can't seem to get it to do anything.

-mxmai

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, the green bar is boost. The red bar is Freakout. If the red bar maxes out, you press L+R as your trick to do your Uber Trick. Thus you freek out. While freeking out, you have a timer. That timer decresses, unless you do a trick, then the difficulty of the trick tells you how much time you get back. While freeking out, you are infinitly boosting. The 5 tricks is wrong. B is tweak(i.e. change a trick mid trick). I wont say the tweak, but every trick can be tweaked. A ":" indicates to hit right after.

L, R, L+R, L:L, R:R, L+R:L+R, L:R, R:L, L:L:L, R:R:R, L+R:L+R:L+R, L:L:R, R:R:L, L:R:L, R:L:R, L:L+R, R:L+R, L+R:L, L+R:R.

I think that is it. I have noticed that some of the earlier bikes do not do some of the more complex ones, but I may be wrong. If you know some more, then post plz.

mxmai

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zinge88: yeah i worked all that out today actually... it makes the game a hell of a lot more fun.

and pushing B is your boost.

this game rocks.

-mxmai

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
so... i've finaly goten used to the idea of isometric racing... it isn't easy... but i've got it pretty good now. therefore, now i can do a proper review... otherthen "isometric racing games blow"... which my original review would have been. here we go.

once it was described in full on the forum regarding full control layout, i was on my way.

tricks are easy... but sometimes unresponsive. and because of how tricks are done... it's tough to get combos... but because this isn't a points game, i guess that isn't as important.

Graphics are not to bad... the tracks look really good... the bikesriders are a bit blah... but can't really put much detail in them cause of their size.

Overall after i got used to isometric racing, the trick system and found out how to use boost... it's pretty damn sweet gameplay. but... there is one reason i won't be playing this for long... *shakes head* password save... when will they ever learn. you have options of battery save and sram save... why even consider using that option.

oh well... another perfectly fine game down the drain because they were too lazy to program in or too cheep to buy carterages with eeprom or sram saves.

....phil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma. +1