New: 1117 - Tales of Phantasia (J)

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, it's kuresu, and the name is supposed to be cress, because of the little joke between cress and mint (both plant names). however, cress sounds gay, and the "official" english name (at least from namco jap) is cless, so we all use cless.

btw, let's hope that DeJap's script is NOT ported here. the PSX dialogue was rewritten to sound better and what not, plus all the additions. plus, i don't really like what DeJap did to the now-infamous "boat scene"...

also... who said it would be released in the US on 12/31/2003 at E3? where did you learn this, and how do you know it is reliable? you have no idea how many sites have totally incorrect information about everything (like saying a month ago or so that the jap version of ToP GBA would be released like 7/15 or so, when it says the release date on the official site....)

hmm... i better see if i can remove this eurasia intro...

KrAjO720

KrAjO720!!!...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
is there gonna be an english release also, or it will need to be a patch??
unsure.gif

kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i played the snes version and the battle we're more fun than in this version, the atmosphere of the battle seems heavy, it's fell a little slow-mo

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I won't bother downloading this one because of two reasons. One: this is the japanese version so it won't be much fun trying to read the text during gameplay. And two: I already played the SNES version (With DeJap's translation) so I can wait for the english game to come out.
Tales of Phantasia rocks thought. I enjoyed playing Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia on the PSX as well. Once the GBA english version is ready, I'll download it.

blue99

The Original Fake
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won't bother downloading this one because of two reasons. One: this is the japanese version so it won't be much fun trying to read the text during gameplay. And two: I already played the SNES version (With DeJap's translation) so I can wait for the english game to come out.
Tales of Phantasia rocks thought. I enjoyed playing Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia on the PSX as well. Once the GBA english version is ready, I'll download it.
Me 2

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
its too much time to wait, but at least we have some other rpgs to play while this one comes out, like FFTA, or sword of mana ( in jap, but that wont stop me!, cause i love mana series in every language)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'd be cool if DeJap looked into it for a month.. and tried to figure a bit GBA, then trying to convert in the SNEStranslation into the GBAversion.
smile.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
actually, it's kuresu, and the name is supposed to be cress, because of the little joke between cress and mint (both plant names). however, cress sounds gay, and the "official" english name (at least from namco jap) is cless, so we all use cless.

btw, let's hope that DeJap's script is NOT ported here. the PSX dialogue was rewritten to sound better and what not, plus all the additions. plus, i don't really like what DeJap did to the now-infamous "boat scene"...
Ah, sorry. I must've misromanized it (I knew I had it right at one point...). I didn't know about the joke name, though -- that's interesting.

I can only understand SOME Japanese, and only spoken. As a result, I didn't understand the majority of the PSX version's text. I do know that Namco does a VERY good Anglicization of their dialogue, that feels both naturally English and coherent (unlike, say, Capcom with their skipped sentence syndrome, or even Squaresoft if you limit your searching to game manuals' Engrish ["Press X to use the magic. Magic will be recieved through Draw."]). As such, I expect the translation to be pretty good. Still, considering how the game never saw an English release, and except for the (cruddily done) boat scene (I bet that Namco actually changed the dialogue to a much more sensitive line in the English release, because I think DeJap worked from a literal translation) the rest of the game is pretty damn well done (NOTABLY the Present time at the beginning and the long cutscene around Ary), I'd give DeJap more credit than you seem to.

(for those who haven't seen the "boat scene", it's probably the one part of the game that'd make the ESRB do a facefront. One could even get past Klarth's half-drunken passes, but I doubt Arche's stupor would survive the censors intact at ALL.)

-Tempest out.-

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ah yes the boat seen lol When i first saw that i was have a drink and it nearly cme out my nose lol I mean how old can Arche be? 14 15?

mole_incarnate

Watermelon!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
This game looks pretty good. Did it used to be a SNES game or somethig. i will download now.
Lol, spoken like a true Australian, NOT. Come on try and put your sentences together right, or are you doing what cless does when he gets on a boat? (heh who can forget that scene).

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It really is a classic Namco is crazy if they dont do a official translation with a uh.. less literal meanings. It is a great game with a well thought out story so i recommend you all get the SNES version if you want to know whats happening in the story

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...