wasn't an rpg, so what is it that actualy
defines something as an rpg?

Smith

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An RPG is defined by it's party elements. It's like a cross between an adventure and a wargame. As a result, it generally involves a heavier emphasis on strategy and tactics than something like Zelda. Zelda is that rarest of genres these days, an Arcade-Adventure.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to try Shining Soul
smile.gif

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shining soul is closest to shining wisdom on saturn than on shining force on genesis. Nothing comparable to PSO on Dc where there was a true story extremely hidden and interessant side quests and download quests (where the story was developped in fact). Giving a 7/10 to this game is quite generous knowing that the game play. What i don't appreciate is that this game lives on a name the "shining" series but is just a commercial game. As a shining addict i will play it to the end (just to see if there is any link with the serie but i think there is none, just probably the shining sword displayed in this game for a commercial reason) and hoping that shining soul 2 will be better however.

SEGA sur GBA c'est n'importe quoi.
Well, I haven't really played Shining Wisdom. It's just the begining was so like the begining of Shining Force.

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seems only 2 ways this could be dumped by now. someone's so called review copy must have gotten dumped, or the rumor of it being out in France is true, as the release date was just pushed back to March 7th. love getting games early.

L

lonely driver

another disappointment
frown.gif
. I had high expectation for Lunar Legend, turns out to be a disappointment. Now this. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game, but it doesn't come close to golden sun, which I secretly hoped for. Now it's waiting for Lufia.....

T

trunten

An RPG is defined by it's party elements. It's like a cross between an adventure and a wargame. As a result, it generally involves a heavier emphasis on strategy and tactics than something like Zelda. Zelda is that rarest of genres these days, an Arcade-Adventure.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to try Shining Soul
smile.gif

QUOTEAn RPG is defined by it's party elements. ÂIt's like a cross between an adventure and a wargame. ÂAs a result, it generally involves a heavier emphasis on strategy and tactics than something like Zelda. ÂZelda is that rarest of genres these days, an Arcade-Adventure.

What a load of BALLS!!!!
RPG means ROLE PLAYING GAME, therfore if you are playing the ROLE of the character on screen it is an RPG.
Simple.

Basically this IS an RPG and KIVAN you are so so wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ