Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Perhaps this new protection can detect if the game is being loaded through a backup loader
and modchips & through GeckoOS
frown.gif

didn't someone with a modchip install ios55 through wadmanager and then got the game running?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
nope, tried it with menupatcher and loading it from disk channel afterwards, didn't help either...
Maybe Nintendo put protection against a game using the same IOS as the system menu too?
tongue.gif

Somebody should really explain.
tongue.gif

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
and even there i can say that this is not the case... I have a backup of the original ios 55 use game and aios patched version which uses IOS 36 both don't work in any way, not with gecko, not with softchip, not with wiigator and not with menuloader/diskchannel...

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
and even there i can say that this is not the case... I have a backup of the original ios 55 use game and aios patched version which uses IOS 36 both don't work in any way, not with gecko, not with softchip, not with wiigator and not with menuloader/diskchannel...
afaik menuloader will make the system menu use IOS249 (and the games it launches).

None of the 3.x+ original retail games use the same IOS as the system menu...

AirKing

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sagainternet.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
kedest said:
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Perhaps this new protection can detect if the game is being loaded through a backup loader
and modchips & through GeckoOS
frown.gif

didn't someone with a modchip install ios55 through wadmanager and then got the game running?

here... nfsu runs fine!

i installed via wadmananger ios38 55 and 53...

i have a wii chipped with d2sun chip

game work nice.

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i have 3.2j with D2ckey..
i install through wad manager IOS 53,55,38
i WBB to the game
and patch it on IOS36
but without any success, i still got #002 error
(by the way, i checked the title list and didnt see any IOS37 on my system)

anyone have any idea how to make this game to work?

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no it works for som people if you have modchup install ios55 and it will work i also want to play undercover man ...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So, the News from the Blue-Ks Testing Labs:

Wii 3.2E, WiiKey 1.9s, no Hand-Installed IOS

Normal Game:
-Shows up in Disk-Channel, black screen after start
-GeckoOS: ERROR #002

Patched Game (IOS36):
-Shows up in Disk-Channel, ERROR #002 after start

Wii 3.2E, WiiKey 1.9s, IOS55 installed

Normal Game:
-Shows in Disk-Channel, works!!!

So, it works!!! But I have a question: If I don't want the IOS55, can I simply uninstall it with WAD-Manager, right? No very big danger for A Brick, right?

mcfly666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all, i just signed up to make this post. I hope some of you fellows would know what to do with this (im working it out but im a noob) basically its from another site concerning NFS undercover, Knowledge should be shared!

minitutorial this should not have problems when you copy games and you work in wii
1 - Open the ISO with wiiScrubber.
2-2 nd main.dol partition. 2-2 na main.dol partition. Right click SAVE or EXTRACT (Leave it to the desktop or in the folder you want) Right click Save or EXTRACT (Leave it to the desktop or in the folder you want)
3 - open the Wii Patches and load the main.dol you to seek out and give 001 to Fix error, then Save (right of the main window).
4 - Generic close the Wii and Patches WiiScrubber button from the right or on main.dol and LOAD REPLACE. 4 - Generic close the Wii and Patches WiiScrubber button from the right or on main.dol and LOAD REPLACE.
5 - Finally we take the ISO, get a puncture and placed on the exe IOS Patches (version 1.1). 5 - Finally we take the ISO, to get punctures and placed on the exe Patches IOS (version 1.1). Asks you to get a code and enter 30, you give to enter and again to enter (in games such as Metroid Prime 3 you get 21 and will work wonderfully).

It has been through a translator so i dont quite know what it means, some of you fellows should know what to do with it, and people over there say it makes NFS undercover work.
It kind of looks like the fix for mortal kombat armaggedon but im not sure, if one of you gets it working please post a more understandable/english guide.

Thank you

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some1 plz upload main.dol from the data partition, the other link expired and im not sure it had the right one anyway.

would be nice if there was homebrew app like wii update file extractor that allowed you to choose any file from the data partition to save to the sd card. also, it would be nice if the source to wufe was available.

edit: please upload from the pal release of need for speed undercover, and also for ntsc if you have it. but i have pal, so i need the pal one most, also tell me what the disc id of ntsc is, i think the disc id for pal is RX9P69.

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hai_haifa said:
i have 3.2j with D2ckey..
i install through wad manager IOS 53,55,38
i WBB to the game
and patch it on IOS36
but without any success, i still got #002 error
(by the way, i checked the title list and didnt see any IOS37 on my system)

anyone have any idea how to make this game to work?

i am very petiant but still didn't succeed to run this game.... please help... do i need to install anything else?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i got all excited and wrote some changes to softchip to do the error 001 hack to main.dol in memory. it didn't work, but maybe this will still help people who had the error 001 with modchips, but then you'll have to change softchip to use regular ios 55 (or ios36 if that works). im pretty sure the patch works correctly, but if someone patched main.dol, updated the iso, and burned it, and it worked, then we'll know there is a way for this specific patch to work. i only implemented the error 001 fix from the generic wii patcher.

maybe requiem can use this to more quickly make a fix, assuming someone finds the source of the error in the dol file. I have included main.dol for the pal release of need for speed: undercover, but I don't have the ntsc release, so someone else will have to test it with that (don't think it's out yet tho). if any1 does have it or gets it, maybe you could post main.dol for it as well. i'm starting to wonder if there's a possibility this is a bad dump (wiierd, release #995 according to gbatemp), don't think so since some have gotten it working though. there's been two other releases of what appears to be the same game (#1005 and #1014), maybe someone could also test those to see if the same error occurs or if the error 001 fix or ios patch fixes the problem. i think the other releases just have different languages though.

there is another file on the disc that might also need to be patched: NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol, not sure how this is different from main.dol, since i can't extract it right now (not enough hd space lol).

http://rapidshare.com/files/166536305/softchip-err1.zip

from those who have gotten it working on a modchip: does it work with ios 55? (im guessing yes) does it work with ios36? (some have said yes)

has anyone actually gotten it working on the backup launcher with NO modchip?

edit: nicksasa: the error text is also in main.dol, i wonder if main.dol is a copy of NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol, which is just the dol version of NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.elf... they could be files left over from development of the game. if they are the same or basically the same,but different in some ways, it might be interesting to replace main.dol with the content of NfsMWEuropeEnDuRelease.dol. not sure if that will work tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh