Hacking Never used sneek - Is this possible?

Donkey Plonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, only just discovered sneek. Been loading wiiware off of triiforce up until now.

Am I right in thinking, if I used sneek, I could do it virtually the same as triiforce with the main differences being
1) I can play my wiiware online as on a real nand with the real channel
2) I am in the wii menu (albeit emulated)

Also am I right in thinking, no matter what happens in this nand, no matter anything, it will not touch my genuine nand, so no updates will get confused or anything. If I was in an emulated nand and I went to the wii settings and done a system update for example over wifi. It would update the emulated nand as if it were a real one? And it would leave my genuine nand in tact with no changes?

Are there any things I should be aware that it doesn't do or ways it works?

So now the best way for playing wiiware is through this? and carry on with my standard nand with a cios and usb loading? Emulated nand leave completely free of cios'?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
1) Be aware that it isn't that stable, imo.
2) Everything you do from your virtual NAND will happen there (including Updates), your real NAND should be safe.
3) Also, you can install as much channels as you have space for on your HD/SD, but once all slots are occupied in the menu you would still need to use a modified version of Mighty Channels to load them. Oh, and you probably have to reformat your SD/HD (because SNEEK needs a 32kb Cluster) meaning you have to store the data somewhere else firts, because it will get deleted.

You can try it out if you want, and then make your final decision. ModMii will help you to set it up.

Donkey Plonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
1) Be aware that it isn't that stable, imo.
2) Everything you do from your virtual NAND will happen there (including Updates), your real NAND should be safe.
3) Also, you can install as much channels as you have space for on your HD/SD, but once all slots are occupied in the menu you would still need to use a modified version of Mighty Channels to load them. Oh, and you probably have to reformat your SD/HD (because SNEEK needs a 32kb Cluster) meaning you have to store the data somewhere else firts, because it will get deleted.

You can try it out if you want, and then make your final decision. ModMii will help you to set it up.
Sod it then, can't be bothered reformatting my hard drive, too much on it to be arsed. Although I think I used a 32kb cluster anyway.

I'll just install the couple of games I wanna play on wifi properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1