Hardware Network Bridge disconnects computer internet when turning on RGH 360

Jayinem81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat 360 that doesn't come with internet and I don't have the internet adapter so I use an ethernet cord and network sharing/bridge from my Laptop. It mostly works great but when I turn on my 360 my Laptop internet gets disconnected every time and I have to manually reconnect it. Probably more of a PC question but I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I used to do the same thing when I was playing games at me brother's place.
I never had that issue so it's very likely something on the PC side.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Network bridging on Windows is a tricky thing compared to some other stuff if you are going to expect seamless. Have not had to play with it for a while (much less on Windows 10) but there will not typically be a "only connect when I say so" option in the bridge settings. Anything here is more likely the 360 riding roughshod or just the bridge being an afterthought (and arguably legacy) option for MS.

Simpler solution would probably be
Get a nice USB wifi adapter and stick that into your laptop. That way you have a secondary connection to your router and won't drop off whatever you are doing that wants more uptime. Still have to click around though.
Get some ethernet over powerline and go to the router itself, assuming that is an option for you.

I am curious though. If you plug the cable in after the hacked dash has booted do you still get the same problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8