I'm looking for a backup loader which can use a USB ethernet adaptor to load backups and I found nothing.
Technically, it should be possible. The USB adaptor in a Linux machine outperforms the Wii DVD unit (80 vs 63Mbps), the drivers are open source and current CIOS can unlock the high speed mode of an USB 2.0 device. I can write a portable Windows/Linux program to serve the images, but I'm lacking the expertise to write my own CIOS.
Are there more people interested in the project?
Technically, it should be possible. The USB adaptor in a Linux machine outperforms the Wii DVD unit (80 vs 63Mbps), the drivers are open source and current CIOS can unlock the high speed mode of an USB 2.0 device. I can write a portable Windows/Linux program to serve the images, but I'm lacking the expertise to write my own CIOS.
Are there more people interested in the project?






