Netflix is working on an anime adaptation of 'The Witcher'

netflix the witcher.jpg
After rumors emerged of an anime adaptation of The Witcher ordered by Netflix, the company and showrunner Lauren Hissrich confirmed those reports.

Titled The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, Hissrich will also work on this adaptation's production with Beau DeMayo. Both worked on the first season of the recent live action series. Studio Mir, the animation studio behind The Legend of Korra, will be responsible for bringing the world of The Witcher in anime form. Not much information has been made public at the time of writing. However, it is likely that this anime film will be based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s Witcher books rather than the games.

Would you like to see an anime version of The Witcher?

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
First a show, then an anime? What's next, a video game adaptation?
The Witcher: The Animated Series, The Videogame.

I swear I have seen this somewhere before.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Imagine having a high end graphics Witcher game then downscaling it to 240p with Paint...
(Not only talking about the console versions, also the anime)

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested, albeit a bit confused as to why this needed to be done. I guess they're trying to cash in on the hype while it's still rolling since it's gonna be a while before the live-action season 2.

It looks like it's in good hands if the Legend of Korra team is behind it, like others have said about the Avatar animated series, I don't think it qualifies as traditional anime. At least this is just gonna be a movie rather than a series.

Also I didn't find the Castlevania animated series to be horrible. I do think it had way too cheesy dialogue quite often, and both seasons should have just been in one rather than all the time between releases for so few episodes. Those problems aside, if you haven't seen it and don't have anything else on your backlog it's not the worst thing to watch, even if you have no familiarity with the games.

Reactions: DeoNaught

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it really anime if it's made by a western company?
Hmmmmmm...
Yes it can be IMHO.
Not Japanese Anime though. It may seem an oxymorom, but not in my mind; it depends on what you define as anime.

I agree the most simpleminded, straightforward definition would be "animation produced (not necessarily animated) in Japan", by that definition it's unlikely, as rarely an anime produced in Japan would be animated in the west, it's too expensive. I wouldn't define it like that though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1