Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BN-GV709_zelda_G_20150206133146.jpg
On one hand, this could be the birth of something great, but on the other hand, this could be absolutely terrifying. Nintendo has a reasonably bad track record when it comes to TV series - the CD-i Zelda flops immediately come to mind. I'm actually interested to see where this goes - it is reported that the series would be akin to HBO's Game of Thrones, but in a more family friendly context.​
So someone please explain to me, how could this series be any similar to Game of Thrones? There isn't a ton of political drama, but I will admit there is a large cast of characters to play around with. Not a ton of royal families to think about either, so I'm definitely shot out here. Zelda has a twin, maybe, and those twins end up romping each other? Any who, Netflix and Nintendo mentioned that the project could be axed at any time, so there's that. What do you guys think?​

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This'll be interesting. I wonder how they'll communicate without actually speaking. Maybe have only the face and emotion, however forced subs?
I can dream

Reactions: ieatpixels

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to be severely disappointed in this, like every other video game-to-TV/Movie thing ever.

I've no idea how they could even make a series off of something like Zelda anyways, since it's got virtually no...well, TV-ready story. They're going to have to pull a hell of a lot of plot out of their ass if they want this to succeed in any sense.

I also have no idea how this will be like Game of Thrones, since Game of Thrones is 30% fucking, 30% fighting, 30% politics, 9% plot progression and 1% "family fun". Lol

Reactions: MrJason005

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to be severely disappointed in this, like every other video game-to-TV/Movie thing ever.

I've no idea how they could even make a series off of something like Zelda anyways, since it's got virtually no...well, TV-ready story. They're going to have to pull a hell of a lot of plot out of their ass if they want this to succeed in any sense.

I also have no idea how this will be like Game of Thrones, since Game of Thrones is 30% fucking, 30% fighting, 30% politics, 9% plot progression and 1% "family fun". Lol
Well the easiest way is to not hold themselves to anything in the Zelda universe other than being a part of it. So many adaptations try to shoe-horn in every reference and validation that it becomes underwhelming and token, and also badly portrayed.

It might also not be much longer than a short season, around eight episodes.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So Link's gonna say "hyaah" the whole time?

In truth Link's been in need of a proper voice for a really long time and with Zelda 2015 (Wii U) this would also be ideal to have included.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If done right, this could be something epic. In addition to the main plots of the games, there's an abundance of lore to draw inspiration from. They could start off with how the three goddesses created the world, and delve deep into Majora and Ganon's backstory, and go over the whole zelda link reincarnation thing. Then there's the whole Twilight Princess thing with Midna (another kingdom right there) There's alot to work with.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Needs incest. :mellow:

Haterbait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope this gets axed... The idea is nice, and perhaps an interesting trailer could be produced, but to stretch the plot of a Zelda game into a tv series? There's no way to do that without pure soap opera filler trash. Let's take a beloved video game franchise, remove the puzzle and gameplay elements, extend all cut scenes, and place it on tv and maybe we'll get some money. How about some young, attractive, up and coming actors to forever scar the memory of these characters? Perhaps they'll do it like Gotham and never have Link in there, but have different stories revolving around other people living in Hyrule with occasional cameos from recognized characters. Oh, and let's make Zelda a transvestite and all Zoras can be black people but with gills or something just because edgy. Go Hollywood!

P.S. I don't have Netflix anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: