wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
nesDS 10/23/09
Update
dslite.jpg

Nibbles has updated nesDS! Included in the archive are two updated files. The first includes the latest Pocketnes mappers and 6502 core added to nesDS. The second file fixes some issues with vertical scaling in the no-blend mode. Finally there is a font pack, in the form of IPS patches, for games which need a bit of a font tweak for the tiny DS screen. Happy gaming!

Update:
The mapper build fixes games like Dragon Warrior 1-4 and Final Fantasy 1-3. Please test these games and then click on the "source link" below to report your findings. The more bug reports we see the better the chances are of getting nesDS updated again!

download.gif
Download
download.gif
Lunar IPS v1.01
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone link this elsware then filetrip i get the download box saying your downlaod will start then i get a bunch chinese gobbled letters and crap and im useing latest firefox and im not useing any downlaoders

before starting

39767483.png

after downlaod try starting

38489204.png

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get the same garbled stuff i right clicked the link and it says its a text file might want to fix this for the future, to cut down the complaints.
biggrin.gif
( i got it to work the way boxshot said but you know how people dont like to read or follow direction correctly)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
Right click -> save link as -> what ever with its file extention and put its save as type to all files.
If I do that all I wind up with is "ajax.php" file, I had to catch the "click here" link with a right click in the above screenshot where that screen displayed for far less than 3 seconds (not even enough time for me to actually read it the first few times.) Thankfully the right click on that click here link processed even though the window changed to raw output of the 7z. There was no "all files" in the dropdown when I did so, it was just blank but it did not matter.

They need to fix something or other, that php box is bloody annoying when it's busted.

On that note, if anyone else is reading trying to figure out how to grab it - look on the right side there is a "get urls for this file/page" link which when clicked will expand out to give a direct download link (no idea if you need to be registered/logged in to see it though.)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
using IE8 if i hit the page with active-x and java off i see the direct link. with that said it works for me both ways. the gbatemp staff is aware that this problem has popped up and they will do their best to get it sorted.

for now you can grab the files from the offsite links in the source post. just click on the source link from the news post.

cheers,
-another world

ascendingseraph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, it would be really cool if someone found a fix for the TMNT II arcade game and Punchout! I need to teach myself how to code so I can find a fix for it myself. Thanks to the updates though to the coders that are still working on nesDS.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I still have a slight problem with the touch screen... I can barely touch the buttons down there... The save and load rom seem to work but to touch the upper buttons I have to touch the uppermost part of the touch screen a lot of times to get it to work...

Did I do something wrong or it is like that to everyone?

Also the 2 versions?? What are their difference because I can't understand it...

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this add the ShenzenNanzing163 mapper? You know, the one used in FF7 and Harvest Moon for NES? It's bootleg, and if the author cares I can give him the source for the mapper used in the pocketnes modification. (Maxzhou's modded version, he worked as a bootleg developer and made some of these games.)
EDIT:
Found the mapper, here it is:
CODE//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Mapper163ÂÂNanJing Games (NES Chinese RPR game)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

voidÂÂÂÂMapper163::Reset()
{
ÂÂÂÂreg[1] = 0xFF;
ÂÂÂÂstrobe = 1;
ÂÂÂÂsecurity = trigger = reg[0] = 0x00;
ÂÂÂÂSetPROM_32K_Bank(15);
ÂÂÂÂSetCRAM_8K_Bank(0);
}

BYTE Mapper163::ReadLow( WORD addr )
{
ÂÂÂÂif((addr>=0x5000 && addr=0x6000 ) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturnÂÂÂÂCPU_MEM_BANK[addr>>13][addr&0x1FFF];
ÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

void Mapper163::WriteLow(WORD addr, BYTE data)
{
ÂÂÂÂif((addr>=0x4020 && addrGetScanlineNo()>13][addr&0x1FFF] = data;
ÂÂÂÂ}
}

voidÂÂÂÂMapper163::HSync(int scanline)
{
ÂÂÂÂif( (reg[1]&0x80) && nes->ppu->IsDispON() ) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif(scanline==127){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSetCRAM_4K_Bank(0, 1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSetCRAM_4K_Bank(4, 1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif(scanline==239){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSetCRAM_4K_Bank(0, 0);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSetCRAM_4K_Bank(4, 0);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ}
ÂÂÂÂ}
}

voidÂÂÂÂMapper163::SaveState( LPBYTE p )
{
ÂÂÂÂp[0] = reg[0];
ÂÂÂÂp[1] = reg[1];
}

voidÂÂÂÂMapper163::LoadState( LPBYTE p )
{

ÂÂÂÂreg[0] = p[0];
ÂÂÂÂreg[1] = p[1];
}

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I went straight to try some of my favorite games that had glitches in NesDS, just tried Duck Tales, TMNT 2, Punch-Out and Ninja Gaiden 3, all those games still have glitches.. Too bad they aren't fixed yet, but it's great to know that someone is updating NesDS and Flubba just released S8DS as well, I hope this give some new life into the DS Homebrew scene. That and hopefully a few JenesisDS and SnemulDS updates
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Shadow#1 said:
Can someone link this elsware then filetrip i get the download box saying your downlaod will start then i get a bunch chinese gobbled letters and crap and im useing latest firefox and im not useing any downlaoders

before starting

after downlaod try starting

hey, thanks for the report, I fixed the bug now.

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s