XP
Country
United States
I have not. My process was:

Download the latest Hakchi2 release.
Run the file
Add SNES ROMs in the Hakchi2 app
Plug in my NES Mini to sync it all up
Follow the process (hold reset etc, it dumped the original kernel, flashed the new one) ***So far, so good
It tells me I can now sync the games so I say OK
It starts transferring them all and upon finishing says it'll be a second before the LED turns off, but it doesn't

I'm looking at that RetroArch clover GitHub page Heckler, but I'm unsure what to do with it?

Well then you are missing some pretty important files for the SNES games to run, lol. I suggest watching some videos about installing retroarch on YouTube(here is a great one )

But try these steps...
Installing-hmods.png

Hope that this helps you. :)

Last edited by HecklerJH,
Reactions: ItsKipz

Thoradin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a little problem ,today i updatet to 2.14b and wanted to upload some mame games, one of the games was metal Slug. It didn't work and i deleted it and try some other games but now i can't no longer sync with my NEs mini everytime i get the message that he cannot get access to Mslug.zip and the sync fails.

Tried Redownload HAkchi again and do a new fresh upload but now i can not even flash the kernel . i even deletet my old 2.14 hackchi folder but still the same problem, even when i unselect all games .

Total # of games installed on the system: 164
Total size of game library installed on the system: 257mb
Have you tried to resync the system? yes
Have you tried to completely uninstall and reinstall Hakchi? yes
Did you compile Hakchi yourself? yes
Did you upgrade Hakchi or RetroArch? If so, from what version to what version? 2,13e to 2,14b
Did you have success with the same NESC in the past? yes
Did you upgrade other NESC on this PC? Where they successful? yes
When does the error occur? If when launching/saving games, does it occur for other systems being emulated, other folders, and/or other games? Syncinc Hakchi with the NESC
Does it show any specific error code? this in hakchi on my pc : "The access to the Mslug.zip path was denied"
Version of Windows: 10
Version of Hakchi: 2,14b
Device region: Pal
Device model number (if known):---

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little problem ,today i updatet to 2.14b and wanted to upload some mame games, one of the games was metal Slug. It didn't work and i deleted it and try some other games but now i can't no longer sync with my NEs mini everytime i get the message that he cannot get access to Mslug.zip and the sync fails.

Tried Redownload HAkchi again and do a new fresh upload but now i can not even flash the kernel . i even deletet my old 2.14 hackchi folder but still the same problem, even when i unselect all games .

Total # of games installed on the system: 164
Total size of game library installed on the system: 257mb
Did you compile Hakchi yourself? yes
Did you upgrade Hakchi or RetroArch? If so, from what version to what version? 2,13e to 2,14b
When does the error occur? If when launching/saving games, does it occur for other systems being emulated, other folders, and/or other games? Syncinc Hakchi with the NESC
Does it show any specific error code? this in hakchi on my pc : "The access to the Mslug.zip path was denied"
Version of Hakchi: 2,14b
Device model number (if known):---

That is a tough one. I have not even wanted to attempt the MAME games, myself, but there has got to be a file somewhere, retaining the metal slug zip path. Maybe in the config file? What happens if you put metal slug back on it so that it is not denied? Or will it no longer let you sync games?

Curious if you have tried to install an earlier build of Hakchi? Don't copy any of your files, just try to go back to 30 original

Or if the NESCE actually boots the GUI, perform a factory reset so that all files like save states and such are deleted. This is a last stitch effort though, unless you don't worry about saving your current save states...

Reactions: Thoradin

Thoradin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried put Metal SLug back on but i could still not sync .
Sync dosent work at all the moment i want sync games or even flash the kernal the Error massage comes .
I will try now to go back to hakchi 2.13

The NES Mini works without problems, only the sync dos not work anymore.

Update:It is now back to 2.13 without problem now i try to go to 2.14

Update 2: Ok looks like all works fine again thanks for the Help:)

Last edited by Thoradin,
Reactions: HecklerJH

AFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I have a problem that I can not solve on my own. I installed the system using hakchi 2.15 then installed retroarch and accidentally put a read-only file (SUPERMARIOWORLD.smc) in the games\CLV-H-RARCH\libretro\roms folder. When re-synching now I always get an acess denied error on the file SUPERMARIOWORLD.smc. I then flashed the original kernel and tried from the beginning but same problem. I went back to 2.13e and this works, but as soon as I go to 2.14b or 2.15 i get the same error again.
Now I have everything working again without retroarch under 2.13e but retroarch and 2.14 up the problem remains. It seems to me that there is still the read-only file in the NESC file system and cannot be deleted. Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

Total # of games installed on the system: 51
Total size of game library installed on the system: 6mb
Did you compile Hakchi yourself? no
Did you upgrade Hakchi or RetroArch? If so, from what version to what version? 2,15, downgraded to 2.13e works but 2.14b up does no longer sync or flash custom rom
Does it show any specific error code? this in hakchi when flashing or syncing : "file SUPERMARIOWORLD.smc access was denied (in german)"
Version of Hakchi: 2,15
Device model number (if known):--

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem that I can not solve on my own. I installed the system using hakchi 2.15 then installed retroarch and accidentally put a read-only file (SUPERMARIOWORLD.smc) in the games\CLV-H-RARCH\libretro\roms folder. When re-synching now I always get an acess denied error on the file SUPERMARIOWORLD.smc. I then flashed the original kernel and tried from the beginning but same problem. I went back to 2.13e and this works, but as soon as I go to 2.14b or 2.15 i get the same error again.
Now I have everything working again without retroarch under 2.13e but retroarch and 2.14 up the problem remains. It seems to me that there is still the read-only file in the NESC file system and cannot be deleted. Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

Total # of games installed on the system: 51
Total size of game library installed on the system: 6mb
Did you compile Hakchi yourself? no
Did you upgrade Hakchi or RetroArch? If so, from what version to what version? 2,15, downgraded to 2.13e works but 2.14b up does no longer sync or flash custom rom
Does it show any specific error code? this in hakchi when flashing or syncing : "file SUPERMARIOWORLD.smc access was denied (in german)"
Version of Hakchi: 2,15
Device model number (if known):--
I don't even have a CLV-H-RARCH\libretro\roms folder anymore, lol so maybe update that. I would uninstall RetroArch hmod and reinstall the latest one -> https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/tag/0.7 You will want to extract the retroarch.hmod file first, then drop into hakchi window. See if that helps
This retro arch build will only work with 2.14 and newer though. Before upgrading I always make a copy of my working hakchi folder and games and move it somewhere safe, just in case upgrade doesn't work.

Delete that CLV-H-RARCH folder if still causing the error. My retro arch is now CLV-Z-RARCH... as long as you have a copy, what harm could it do?

AFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
unfortunately it still does not work, the exact error message is "access to path "SUPERMARIOWORLD.SMC" was denied." and i am sure that it refers to a path on the NESC File system, not on my windows machine.

I have reinstalled a couple of times, and removed every trace of the files. Everytime I use a version higher than 2.13e I get this error even with a completely fresh hakchi 2 folder.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately it still does not work, the exact error message is "access to path "SUPERMARIOWORLD.SMC" was denied." and i am sure that it refers to a path on the NESC File system, not on my windows machine.

I have reinstalled a couple of times, and removed every trace of the files. Everytime I use a version higher than 2.13e I get this error even with a completely fresh hakchi 2 folder.
Do you have any antivirus or windows defender running? These may cause this issue. Were they running when you downloaded Hakchi? If so, turn them off and re-download Hakchi 2.15. If not, I am at a loss... @Cluster ??

AFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Nope, all antivirus disabled. I'll stick to 2.13e and no retroarch for the moment. This is working fine. But something seems to be screwed up in the device filesystem which affects 2.14 and above. I'd like to find out what and fix it at some point, but it is not urgent. I tried to browse through the filesystem using clovershell and find the culprit but no success so far.

Another interesting fact: somehow the debug version of 2.15 is working but the non-debug version is not. But even using the debug verision of 2.15 to flash the original kernel does not fix the problem with the non-debug version. Very strange.

Last edited by AFM,

matt2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys this might have been answered but I can't find it. I am having trouble with the 64 games I have put on I have the newest version (2.15) but games like Mario party and Mario kart keep crashing while playing and it kicks you back to the home screen. I'm guessing the settings need to be adjusted but I'm new to this! Any help would be appreciated!

TWiiT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, is it possible to extract the 30 base games from the NES Mini in any way? I would love to extract them to have them as files, to play on other emulators (personal use of course).

nick10101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Was wondering if someone can answer this. if lets say someone puts 700 nes games on their nes classic, 30 games per folder, how many saves can one do per folder and per game. thanks im just curious to know if people sacrifice save slots for more games?

Last edited by nick10101,

Boringryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello! I commented a problem that I have with my SFC Mini, when I try to flash the custom kernel, I get this error sign, I did all the steps several times, and try two versions of hackchi2, does anyone know how I can solve this?

the error window says this "can't update custom kernel"

Janarchist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I recently put a bunch of games on my nes mini and when I try to put it into recovery mode my PC detect it but hakchi doesnt and the red light doesnt then on when I put it in recovery mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum