OP
Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
OK this is a combo of questions here,

I saw a GBA Micro (the famicon edition) on craigslist for $30, first off is that a good deal, and anything I should look out for in buying one?

2. I plan on getting a flash cart to mostly run NES roms. I think it would be really cool to have a portable NES in my pocket, so what is the best emulator to use, I've seen pocketnes so how is that? Is that one of the better ones?

3. What is the best flash cart to get and where to get it from? (I'm stateside)

thanks!

Also I wasnt 100% sure where to put this
frown.gif

libertyernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Seems like a good deal to me. On eBay they seem to go for around $50. (You can search eBay for recently completed auctions if you're curious.) You could look into getting a GBA SP, though, since those are cheaper and use the same charger as the original DS. It takes up more room in your pocket, though.

2. PocketNES is the only emulator I know of. I haven't had any problems with it, but I really only use it for a couple of games.

3. The EZ-Flash IV. I believe it's the only flashcard that's still for sale. Try to get a 2GB (or less) MiniSD card, too. I was able to use a MicroSD>MiniSD adapter, but that doesn't always work. (Here's how I got it working, if you're curious.)

maxmouse2008

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Was there any major defects or anything of that kind?

2. I have a DS Lite (I'm getting the Micro, because its cheap and a cool way to play NES games on the way)could I use a 3 in 1 with my Cyclo by any chance?

3. Finally how is it running GBA games if I choose to (The EZ Flash, is the best place to buy from realhotstuff?)

xyanide1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't really go wrong at $30, I got the GBA SP of that NES edition. Sadly that limited edition finish was pretty scratched up on the outside, but it was cheaper than that micro you found.

I use EZflashIV myself for about half a year now, absolutely love this thing. Normally it takes a while to load the games from your SD, with the largest GBA games this might take a minute or so. However you can also make it flash any game on your SD to the smaller ammount of NOR memory, after which it starts up instantly.
Once you get the hang of fiddling with the firmware to put games on your SD card from the PC it's a breeze to use.

Like ernie said a micro to miniSD adapter doesn't always work (in my case it didn't) but finding a miniSD somewhere shouldn't be too hard on the net.

*edit* I got mine at dscartshop.com

maxmouse2008

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
So I got my EZFlash and put some ROMS on it and I think its a great little toy just a few minor questions

1. some games dont save? (SMW and Mario Tennis)
2. Super Mario Brothers 3 keeps crashing in the 2nd level

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP