reiness77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I need a bit of help. I installed Neogamma R8 rev 15 and cMios rev 5 (I chose IOS249 rev 8 during installation).
But gamecube backups still won't load from drive. Did I do something wrong? Is it possible to load gamecube games from SDHC card?

Thanks

reiness77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean gamecube backup launcher? I thought neogamma supposed to launch gamecube backups as well. Is gamecube backup launcher compatible with R8?
Thanks

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
reiness77 said:
do you mean gamecube backup launcher? I thought neogamma supposed to launch gamecube backups as well. Is gamecube backup launcher compatible with R8?
Thanks
Yes, actually.
NeoGamma is USB/SD/Disc launcher for Wii games, and I've never seen a .gcn work on a usb before XD

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NeoGamma does launch GC backups, but you'll probably need to update some stuff (like NeoGamma to R9 beta2 and the cIOS to r19)

Also, no you can't run them from SD
There are some new drives that don't read backup discs, but you don't have one if wii backup discs work

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I be.ieve some ppl have issues running gamecube backup launcher 0.2 with the latest cmios rev5.

Just put the miospatcher, that come with gamecube backup launcher 0.2, in your apps dir and use it to install that mios (any base, though select rev4 if you intend to use action replay codes), then the launchrr 0.2 should work fine.

Good Luck .. :>

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh yeah, Waninkoko's cMIOS rev5 is not compatible with the GC backup launcher, GC homebrew and not compatible with NeoGamma's internal GC mode. At least for NeoGamma's internal GC mode it's possible to know, see gamecube.txt of NeoGamma R9 beta.

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let those who don't already know this aware of the fact that Neogamma R8 can play Gamecube backups. If you have MIOSpatcher 0.2 by WiiGator installed with Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.1 theta by WiiGator in your Homebrew Channel as an App you can use Neogamma R8 Channel or App but you will not be able to load from the disc channel. I have gotten Star Wars Rogue Squadron II to load using Neogamma R8 by using Force NTSC480i and Video Patch:All. It was on a multi-iso disc. I actually got every NTSC Gamecube backup to run this way. Check the compatibility list out there. I use Neogamma R8 Channel with IOS249 Rev 19. Hope this can be of some help.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm actually working on improving the gamecube loading "a bit" with NeoGamma R9. You might also want to try the "new" cMIOS, it seems to be more stable when switching into GC mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ohgayhoe