Hacking NeoGamma Thread

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
I get the game not loading a lot. It is a real pain to get any game to boot off DVD. Old games, past burns I know work and new burns give DVD read errors. Always error (721) I think. I can sometimes get them to work but they are usually a pain to get going. I have the original Wiigator 0.3gamma that works perfect except for the new ghost busters game and punch out. A lot of the time the DVD spins up and then goes silent as if it has stopped accessing the disc and it fails to launch the game. The only time I know a game works is when the game ID comes up. But that tends to be rare.

I'm on a PAL Wii 3.2 softmod. I have the cIOS 38 Rev13.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
to play the new games like, Indy or Ghostbusters, you cantT use the gamma loader from wiigator.
You need A loader that can handle the new 002 error.

NeoGamma and the USB Loader GX got this fix implemented. U just set it to "on" and run the game.

If you wanna stick to the old gamma loader you can try cIOS rev13b.
This cIOS got the 002 error fix integrated. But maybe some other games stop working... You should just try it.

Anyway, I would recommend you to use the NeoGamma Loader and the cIOSrev13 you already got.

mikewill57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know if rev13 is installed properly? I thought I had it but going into NeoGamma it says IOS 249 Rev 7. Do I need to like activate in preloader or somet? Also, on 4.0U does NeoGamma work, I can't get it to play PAL on my NTSC Wii...

mikewill57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just find a cios249rev 13, put it in the root of SD and load? Or do I put it in the wad folder? Or do I do something completely different?
laugh.gif
. Sorry for the questions, just been working on this for like 3 days solid and it's driving me and my wife insane.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No cIOS249 talk in my thread! There's still no cIOS249!

mikewill57 said:
So, just find a cios249rev 13, put it in the root of SD and load? Or do I put it in the wad folder? Or do I do something completely different?
laugh.gif
. Sorry for the questions, just been working on this for like 3 days solid and it's driving me and my wife insane.

Did you try to start the cIOSrev13 installer?

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yo wiipower, are the first post's bugs a bit outdated. I mean, it does work with system menu 4.0, at least the hacked version, and it's working with current cIOS's. Iunno, just suggesting you edit wutever's changed, since it has probably improved from R1. And I would have requested a change log, but I see you have it in the readme's. Anyway, thanks for the loader.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bnwchbammer said:
yo wiipower, are the first post's bugs a bit outdated. I mean, it does work with system menu 4.0, at least the hacked version, and it's working with current cIOS's. Iunno, just suggesting you edit wutever's changed, since it has probably improved from R1. And I would have requested a change log, but I see you have it in the readme's. Anyway, thanks for the loader.

You are using cIOSrev12 with NeoGamma? Or do you use the rebooter? As far as i know the rev12 bug is a bug in the cIOS and the rebooter is broken in the latest cIOS revisions.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to add here RE: Wii sports resort using R5RC1 and the alternate dol method

use wiiscrubber look in partition2/sys/mpls_movie/ and save out the player.dol rename it to RZTJ.dol make sure you give it the .dol extension or it will not work!

put this file in the NEOGAMMA\alt-dol folder that's on the root of your mem card and load it using 002 FIX on and ALT DOL on!

watch the pretty long Wii Plus video and when its finished press A when prompted to quit the video!

it will NOW WORK!

only problem now is .... If you DO NOT have WII MOTION PLUS hardware it WILL NOT GO ANY FURTHER than the menu options that shows you must connect the WII PLUS hardware!

using r13 btw for reference on 249

and this is loading from DISK and NEO GAMMA R5 RC1

if you don't have the hardware I suggest not bothering to even try get Wii Sports Resort loading your wasting your time!

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kobykaan said:
to add here RE: Wii sports resort using R5RC1 and the alternate dol method

use wiiscrubber look in partition2/sys/mpls_movie/ and save out the player.dol rename it to RZTJ.dol make sure you give it the .dol extension or it will not work!

put this file in the NEOGAMMA\alt-dol folder that's on the root of your mem card and load it using 002 FIX on and ALT DOL on!

watch the pretty long Wii Plus video and when its finished press A when prompted to quit the video!

it will NOW WORK!

only problem now is .... If you DO NOT have WII MOTION PLUS hardware it WILL NOT GO ANY FURTHER than the menu options that shows you must connect the WII PLUS hardware!

using r13 btw for reference on 249

if you don't have the hardware I suggest not bothering to even try get Wii Sports Resort loading your wasting your time!

What's new in R5RC1?

Posts merged

WiiPower said:
QUOTE(joinx @ Jun 24 2009, 11:13 AM) Can i install Neogamma and cIOS 36 on a modchip firmware 3.2u and load my disc from these programme.?

new games are not being loaded with gecko os right now?

Try "Unoffical Gecko OS 1.07b with new 002fix, some game fixes and loading Ocarina from sd&usb" from:
[url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_os]http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_os[/url]

You need a trucha capable IOS36 installed.

Does the cios36 from the cioscorp work for gecko 1.07b with 002fix instead? Does 1.9.1 work with cios36 it as well?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kobykaan said:
[...]

Do you have R5 RC1 or the special test version for the game? There's a huge difference between both.

Bloodlust said:
WiiPower said:
QUOTE(joinx @ Jun 24 2009, 11:13 AM) Can i install Neogamma and cIOS 36 on a modchip firmware 3.2u and load my disc from these programme.?

new games are not being loaded with gecko os right now?

Try "Unoffical Gecko OS 1.07b with new 002fix, some game fixes and loading Ocarina from sd&usb" from:
[url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_os]http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_os[/url]

You need a trucha capable IOS36 installed.

Does the cios36 from the cioscorp work for gecko 1.07b with 002fix instead? Does 1.9.1 work with cios36 it as well?

Theoretically cIOS36 from cioscorp should work with Gecko OS 1.07b and all of its mods. Gecko OS 1.9 requires full cioscorp or a modchip to play backups.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
kobykaan said:
[...]

Do you have R5 RC1 or the special test version for the game? There's a huge difference between both.

whichever the one was you posted as a boot.dol earlier today i think!?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ok thanks, i will keep in mind that you can't read.

sorry It's been a long day ... it was from the Sports resort post here with the comment about sam and max!

Yes I can read ... But will point out ...there's really no need to get patronizing in your reply's!!!

I know it stresses you out and perhaps pi$$es you off too by not getting sufficient information in your threads to surmise an answer to everyone's problems ....but try not to take it out on everyone you answer!

Maby if you gave a way of laying out what information you require and put it in the top post of your threads so people can fill out the information you need it may help you further!

We appreciate your hard work ... well at least I do!

Just don't tar us all with the same brush! ... WE ARE NOT ALL NOOBISH KIDIOTS ....with a default age group of 8 years old!

I would like to say thanks again for your hard work on this loader ... we just need clearer instructions of what EXACT information you need to progress it further!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"The change from this to R5RC1 is that it's not compatible with Sam & Max and FarCry."

So guess if that version is going to be the next NeoGamma revsion or not. Also consider i don't get too useful information, i actually have Sam & Max and the game it's about is in japanese only for now.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
"The change from this to R5RC1 is that it's not compatible with Sam & Max and FarCry."

So guess if that version is going to be the next NeoGamma revsion or not. Also consider i don't get too useful information, i actually have Sam & Max and the game it's about is in japanese only for now.

Solution to this problem for those that need it should be just have both loaders and switch as necessary! ...maby a Sam & Max/Farcry loader special edition and the normal bog standard edition for everything else
smile.gif

For those that want to bicker and complain about this having to switch between two loaders ..should really not complain at all for something they are getting FOR FREE! .. Beggers cannot be choosers and if they still don't like it then don't use the loader and just buy the game instead!

anyhow

/Rant off

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Solution to this problem for those that need it should be just have both loaders and switch as necessary! ...maby a Sam & Max/Farcry loader special edition and the normal bog standard edition for everything else
smile.gif

That's just plain silly. He wrote the code for both versions and is just trying to track down the information to get it all jiving. Why after all this time in development and striving to make sure that every possible backup works with NeoGamma would he suddenly change directions and have to start keeping a chart with which version to use with what backup?

That's exactly the kind of superstition and voodoo coding that spawns all the "which is the BEST version of..." threads, and the dozens of people constantly asking how they can keep some outdated firmware and still use all of the new tools. The entire point of ongoing development is to strive towards greater integration and modularity, not branching off for no reason. It's not like it's a matter of feature bloat.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More testing with Sports Resort with the Test 1 build of Neo Gamma I can 100% confirm you need the Motion Plus addon to use this game!

If you don't have it or intend on getting it then STOP TRYING its pointless unless someone hacks it to work without it!

Confirming The Conduit and Resident Evil Archives work fine with R4 of NEO GAMMA no special tricks or nothing to get these to load so long as you have r13 on 249
smile.gif

If your having difficulties then suggest Read this thread from the start the answers to most questions are in here!

Note I run all my games from DISK not hard drive and My Wii is Soft modded using NEOGAMMA R4 ..(Sports resort needs the test 1 build of R5 .. search this thread!)

MaGnUmKiLLa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there like an faq or guide to this loader somewhere? I hate to sound so horribly noobish but I have no idea what the different options do. I see a lot of people argueing about which hooktype to use and which vid type and I just don't even know what that stuff means

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k