Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan72588 said:
Dialexio said:
dan72588 said:
Sup, I'm just a noob here who has Homebrew Channel on a 4.1U Wii.
Is it possible to play imports/backups using just the NeoGamma R6 .dol file because I have not modded my wii except for HBC, and I would like to keep it that way so I don't brick my wii.
Like any other softmod, a cIOS is needed. At the moment, rev14 is recommended.

Thanks for your reply. So could I basically use the cIOS38 rev 14 installer in HBC and then install NeoGamma on a 4.1U wii with out bricking it?

Yep. Your chance of bricking you system with this app + the cIOS is next to none.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Venndettta said:
riahc3 said:
Where is the option in NeoGamma to run a backup from USB?

I see Launch game (DVD) but not from USB...

How did you manage to get this far into the homebrew scene?

...Just hit left/right on the wiimote.
Never thought of it.

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt find my USB drive while other applications (MPlayer, WiiXplorer, etc) find my USB drive. The whole USB drive is the required file system

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
dan72588 said:
Dialexio said:
dan72588 said:
Sup, I'm just a noob here who has Homebrew Channel on a 4.1U Wii.
Is it possible to play imports/backups using just the NeoGamma R6 .dol file because I have not modded my wii except for HBC, and I would like to keep it that way so I don't brick my wii.
Like any other softmod, a cIOS is needed. At the moment, rev14 is recommended.

Thanks for your reply. So could I basically use the cIOS38 rev 14 installer in HBC and then install NeoGamma on a 4.1U wii with out bricking it?
Correct.

If you cannot install cIOS due to error -1017, you may need to use Trucha Bug Restorer.

dan72588

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Venndettta said:
Yep. Your chance of bricking you system with this app + the cIOS is next to none.

Thanks for your reply, but is it possible for Nintendo to have a new update that will brick my wii because it takes or finds a cIOS or should I just wait to update the wii and read what other people say?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
dan72588 said:
Venndettta said:

Thanks for your reply, but is it possible for Nintendo to have a new update that will brick my wii because it takes or finds a cIOS or should I just wait to update the wii and read what other people say?
Nintendo will not write an update that says "if IOS249 exists, the Wii will get bricked lawlz," since it will result in a lawsuit. (People that installed the HBC have yet to get bricked by Nintendo's updates.) If anything, Nintendo would try and make IOS249 a non-functioning stub as an attempt to prevent its usage, but we can simply use IOS250. (cIOS rev10+ installers also install at IOS250.)

Samnitmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a question about running games off an SD card. I have a 4gb sdhc card and I want to know if I can play a trimmed version of Animal Crossing City Folk off this card using neogamma. Thanks for the help.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, rebooter is not working for me
wacko.gif
on 3.2E, BootMii as boot2, _no_ preloader, cios rev 14, NG R7. Just says something about "error launching menu". (Well rebooter in the R6 didn't work either).

P.S. And ole good Gamma does reboot.... without 002 fix ofcourse.

Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To Wiipower:

One question that I wanted to make wiipower, the burning Neogamma R7 games if Nintendo Gamecube, but the Multi isos but also socks, because it uses the function cMIOS rev3 of waninkoko, and the question is, could not be included in your Neogamma the R8 iso multi function?
Thanks to respond.
Greetings.

Neburg.

alphaque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the features in R7 is : Removed Anti 002 fix

I am confused about this sentence, does R7 has 002 error fix or not ?

Why R7 has to remove the anti 002 fix ? Any reasons for it ? thanks

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alphaque said:

In older cIOS's, they included their own "002-fix"...which didn't work on many games. To tackle this, many loaders added an "anti-002 fix" to bypass the cIOS's internal fix and use their own. That fix has become obsolete nowadays as the latest cIOS (rev14) does not have a 002-fix internally. In other words, don;t worry about it. Run rev14 and the loader will do everything you would expect it to
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black_Knight_666 said:
Very impressive app! Fixed my black and white problem
gbasp.gif
If any1 has the black and white prob with their wii games, pm me
smile.gif

why pm why not just write that information in this thread so everyone can benefit!

no doubt your trick is to use the 60HZ PAL setting in the Wii options like most of the others discovered a long time back
smile.gif

BladeTH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If this is the official theme, it means creator comes here and reads the message.
You can make the support codes, in NeoGamma as in Gecko os? Ie the same codes.

P.S. Sorry, if something is wrong.

P.S.2 Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, NeoGamma supports the same codes as Gecko. It's derived from the same code, after all.

alphaque said:

It was removed due to people not understanding what it does. You probably don't need it.

The old 002 fix was a patch to main.dol. cIOSes started do this on-the-fly. Then, newer games were breaking with the old 002 fix. A solution was found: patch it in memory. This is the new 002 fix, and works for every game affected by Error 002. If a new 002 game was given the old 002 fix, the anti 002 fix would undo the damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch